New here...saying Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here...saying Hello!

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm Anthony and my wife and I actually live here in Huntsville, Alabama. This is my hometown. However, the wife hates it here so we're prepping for a move. We sold our house and eliminated all of our debt except for 1 car payment. I am wanting to start small in landscaping by mowing, weeding, hedging, maintaining flowerbeds and even creating flower beds...planting shrubs and ect. I also would consider fertilizing or clean up. As a side note, I've looked into pool cleaning but haven't decided on that route. Bascially, for these small business start ups, we're thinking Phoenix or Tucson Arizona or Panama City Beach, Florida. Florida is growing like crazy and many of it's cities are on the Forbes list for best cities to start a small business.

Ok, my landscaping knowledge is not extravagant but feel that I am capable of what I mentioned above especially with lots of research. I currently am a Corporate white collar guy with an MBA and I'm sick of it. I'm 31 and just hate being inside with all these goobs on a daily basis...ha.

I made contact in PC, Beach Florida with a real estate developer. He does have a property of 38 one story condo's on a couple of acres of land. He mainly wants weeding, mowing and the mulch looking good. Planting and maintaining flowers as needed as well. I would have no idea how to bid this. I would not want to undershoot or overshoot. Of course, I WILL BE obtaining my business license and insurance. I am going down at the end of this week to do that. Any thoughts...suggestions..? I make killer money in my day job but I hate life. My wife is retired military and she gets $1200 a month so that covers any rent. Heck, we're not against working at Wal Mart while trying to grow the business. I'd like your thoughts on all of this since most of you have been here..done that...or are currently doing it. We probably have $2000 a month in bills/rent/groceries/gas and all that.

Thanks.

Anthony

First off, welcome to the board.

I think it's great that you aren't so hung up on money at your current job to stay there and hate your job/life. There's definitely decent money to be made in any industry, including this one. But it's not as easy, and I would imagine you have a decent amount of competition in Florida.

I wish I could help you out on any pricing issues, but they vary by region and I'm pretty far away from Florida.

But there are some pretty good guys on here that may very well be right in your neighborhood.

Good luck.
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
    X