Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reduce the impact of rising Gas prices!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduce the impact of rising Gas prices!!!

With a nationwide average gas price of just about $4 a gallon what affects is it having on your business and how are you making changes to reduce the impact?
    Last edited by leftovers; 06-08-08, 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

Originally posted by leftovers View Post
    With a nationwide average gas price of just about $4 a gallon what affects is it having on your business and how are you making changes to reduce the impact?
    Leftover

I have purchased a Moped and a 18" electric mower with 1500 feet of extension cord. With the reduced cost of fuel I am also lowering my prices to increase volume.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post

I have purchased a Moped and a 18" electric mower with 1500 feet of extension cord. With the reduced cost of fuel I am also lowering my prices to increase volume.
      Another reply from a member of the Unwashed Masses ?

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Leftover

Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

that's what i did here in hooterville.

Leftover

my problem is my generator only last about 15 hrs. on 5 gallons of gas, plus that damn moped don't pull worth a hoot with that heavy generator tied on.

steve
          "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Originally posted by delasgh View Post
            my problem is my generator only last about 15 hrs. on 5 gallons of gas, plus that damn moped don't pull worth a hoot with that heavy generator tied on.

steve
            Steve O

What do you think the 1500 ft of 22 gauge extension cord is for???? Tying up bush?

Comment

i know what the cord is for......................DUHHHHH

Steve O

What do you think the 1500 ft of 22 gauge extension cord is for???? Tying up bush?
              alot of these folks in hooterville don't got no lectricity and the ones that do ain't got no outdoor cepticals. get with it ricky..........

steve-o
              "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

alot of these folks in hooterville don't got no lectricity and the ones that do ain't got no outdoor cepticals. get with it ricky..........

steve-o
                Steve O

Down here in paradise we not only have electric but indoor plumbing. After seeing a picture of your house I can understand the need for a generator. Has Hooterville moved into the 21th century with kerosene lamps or are you all still using candles.

Comment

If it is 22 gauge, thats about all it is good for.

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
                    If it is 22 gauge, thats about all it is good for.
                    Sammy

Comment

Glad someone realises somthing

steve
                      All the green nuts want electric powered cars , mowers and everything else but where do they think the the electricity comes from??????

It has to be generated by burning some sort of fossil fuel , nuclear power generation or a gazillion windmills that nobody wants within 1000 miles from their homes.....

I love the logic that people want electric powered cars even though they dont quite get that the batteries have to be recharged by burning fuel of some sort to begin with negating any savings plus every year toxic batteries used to power these sheeeetboxes would need to be disposed of releasing more poison into the earth......

Does anyone realize this or is someone correct about 99 percent of the planet being the brainless unwashed masses of stupidity?????

Tanky............

T
                      GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Comment

steve
                        Corn Pone

I believe I have solved your generator problem. Go Green Go Solar Power.

Comment

I'm converting the Zs over to solar power...

http://www.appropedia.org/Solar_Charged_Lawnmower

IN addition to the info in the article....the mowers will be 'docked' on the trailer when in transport to a charging station tapped off the truck's battery. This will help keep the batteries charged so they don't die in the middle of a lawn. I'm also playing with the idear of attaching a small wind driven generator onto each mower. Since most ZTRs anymore have top speeds in excess of 10MPH, I figure the mower can (in a sense) charge itself.
                          2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                          Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Just reduce your prices in other areas.

We are paying up to $1.70 per litre, which is well over $5 a gallon in Australia.

If you pay for tip entry - consider composting your lawn clippings or finding someone who can take them (farmers etc)...

Invest in a shredder and shred tree branches as an "add on" service to your customers. You make more for the service and it costs you less on travel expenses and tip fees...

Buy your running gear in bulk or from auctions etc, you'll save heaps...

Tell your customers you can give them a $5 discount if someone else in the street has there lawn mown at the same time...

Book your daily rounds so you don't criss cross around town. Start at home and do a loop back to your home.

Take a cut lunch from home... its cheaper than buying mcdonalds while your out...

Comment

Im placing a goat wearing our company cap & t-shirt at each yard with a monthly rental fee. I'll strap a hybrid trimmer to the moped with some trimmer line and gas in the front basket. Buzzing around to make sure the goats are working and trim up the spots they miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X