Lawn Treatment Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpld View Post
    i never mentioned qualifacations only experience with certain products but being you did i will chime in my two cents, bs in agriculture at penn state, AS in horticultural at rutgers, NJ certified tree expert, ISA certified arborist, 30 years in the green industry, NJ certified pesticide applicator 3a,3b,3c.

i only mention this so you know your not conversing with a stupe, secondly i allready conceded that you were the exception due to taking the extra effort in adding additional products to your mixes in comparison to all the other outfits that don't.

i was not throwing stones your way and if my posts implied that then that was my error because that was not what i was trying to convey.

95% of the guys out there do not take advantage of all the products out there nor do they even know anything about them and all i was trying to do was let the original poster and all concerned know that when they compare prices because it has a lot to do with the price per application, would'nt you agree?.

i am aware this particular forum is for the homeowners, but i think that is why they would come here seeking advice from proffessionals and not some clown off the street or at the local hardware store.

once again i appreciate your veiw and especially if its coming from someone who has made every effort to better themselves by taking the initiative to educate themselves formally like i have and if by chance my posts were misunderstood to come across as knocking you and how you operate then i appologize for the misunderstanding because that was not the intent here.

but either way i look forward to future posts on this site with you or anyone else who cares to read my posts.

have yourself a wonderfull day.
    Thanks for the addition info and no, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you were discussing. This is like a "Night at the Movies" between 2 opposing critics who have a differing opinion about the same movie.

This being a homeoner/manager forum, I think it is important that they can evaluate both sides of the issue and then draw their own conclusions if they have more facts than price. You are so right on that most all applications are judged on price; afterall, that is what the original question was centered on.

I would hope that most who read this exchange will conclude that True Green/Chem Lawn is the answer for those who are wanting a cheap fix to a desired look, and while the pricing may seem attractive, it may not be the best approach.

When I started doing everything thru the spray tank, I didn't know much about how to do it, but with the help of my UAP chem rep, I started to figure out that I had to be more than the typical fert and squirt companies. This is partly because I do many other things besides just fert and squirt.

One of my very satisfied customers hired me 3 years ago. When she hired me, she had ChemLawn in California and want a service like that but they don't operate on the Olympic Peninsula [thank God!]. When I quoted her $75 tax included she about died and said that she paid half that in California. I replied that this is the Backwater of Washington and there is no way I could ever compete with a national company that has Buying Power for inexpensive product lines; besides, this is a rural bedroom county to the I-5 Corridor of the Puget Sound region and my costs to get anywhere within the county are higher. She signed on and has not been disappointed with her lawn.

I do quite often run into the "that's more than I expected" and its my turn to do some education in order to sell my approach to quality vs price.
    Last edited by Stephen M.; 06-03-09, 02:31 PM. Reason: cleaning it up

Comment

You Boys Need To Come Over To The Pesticide Thread More Often....

stephen, i know you do. you guys got some good stuff to back your crap up. now me, you know i'm just an ole hillbilly, but i got some stuff too. i got me a B S in this here stuff from the university of hooterville. i also got me an A S in w h o r e ticultor from the side and back streets of hooterville. and i am a virginia certified pesticide applicator, but, ain't nobody called me to kill roaches and ants yet.

steve-o
      "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Lawn Care Atlanta

Its not high for high level families but its not reasonable for middle class families. Because they run for reasonable services. Landscape Services Atlanta good and reasonable.
        Lawn Care Atlanta,Lawn Service Atlanta

Comment

lawn care atlanta

You can try with http://www.trimlawnservices.com Its very good for lawn care atlanta services.
          Lawn Care Atlanta,Lawn Service Atlanta

Comment

its depends on what are the applications they are giving you and how many. so please specify all of that.

Comment

Working...
            X