Pressure Washer Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer Won't Start

Have a problem with pressure washer not starting. It has a Honda engine. The spark is good but seem that the fuel is not getting to the carburetor. It will start if you put a little gas in the carb but will not stay running.[] Pulled off the fuel tank and checked all fuel lines for blockage but none to be found. Does anyone have any ideas of what to try?[?] I am suspecting the fuel pump, which runs of presure from the engine.
    Wayne

"If the grass on the other side of the fence appears greener...it must be all the fertilizer they are using!" (Kevin Rodowicz)

Any ideas?
    Wayne

"If the grass on the other side of the fence appears greener...it must be all the fertilizer they are using!" (Kevin Rodowicz)

Comment

I'm not a small engine mechanic but did you check the float bowl?
      If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Sounds like the cark it dirty. Pull the float bowl off and up inside there you can unscrew the jet. Just soak it in some rubbing alchohol and get a small brush and poke it through the tiny holes to clear them out. It should fire right up.

Comment

Thanks. I will check this out. It is the one we use at work and they left the fuel in it over the winter months.
          Wayne

Comment

I bet that is the problem. i did the same thing a few years back on a mower.

Comment

Thanks guys, cleaned it up and put back together ran up fine. [][]I really appreciate it.
              Wayne

Comment

[]

Comment

Use Stabil in your gas.

Comment

Mariner,

I would but this machine doesn't belong to me. It belongs to the military here at the air base where I work and I can't convince them that they need to do it. Maybe now they will understand.

Every time they have a lawn equipment problem they bring it to me to try to get it working.

I have told them before that they need to put a stabilizer in the gas because they don't use it enough to run through enough gas.
                    Wayne

Comment

How did you clean carb ? please tell me the steps. thanks

Hi, Maddong, How did you clean carb ? please tell me the steps. thanks

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
                      Thanks guys, cleaned it up and put back together ran up fine. [][]I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X