Drug Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Testing

How do you feel about random drug testing?

We had stopped for lunch the other day when one of my guys saw his old crew. Well the lead came up and started chatting away. Mainly bragging about this and that, how he was pursued by this company and then this one and so forth. I might have said three words when he let me know plain and clear that he does drugs on his time and it's none of his boss' business what he does on his time. Then he cranks up this story on how he lost his previous job because of the random urinalysis test and got all upset with the owner because he told him upfront that he does whatever he wants to on his time and thought they had an understanding. This joker even told me that occasionally, he has to take a day off for a run out of town to make some extra cash, "wink-wink" and that's just how it is if they want me to work for them.

We also have this rather large company in town that decided to test everybody at the beginning of June and lost all their limited applicators to include 3 foreman! Yikes!
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

i used to be tested all the time in trucking......

ain't no problem if you don't do drugs. you need guys that are drug free period. on that note, alcohol free also, at least in the morning when they report for work. that being said, you are running equipment no matter how big or small and you need good people to do it. my 2 cents...........

steve
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

I smoke pot so i dont have a big problem with it as long as its on theyre time.

I personally think alcohol is a bigger problem in and out of the work place.
      SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
      Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
      www.lawnbook.com
      www.lawnservicing.com
      Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
      Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
      Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
      NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

I've never seen anything fabulously positive come out of either drug abuse or alcohol abuse herefore I have no time for either one. I'm cool with consistent random testing.

Comment

what happens with a fatality?

Originally posted by Seascape View Post
          I smoke pot so i dont have a big problem with it as long as its on theyre time.

I personally think alcohol is a bigger problem in and out of the work place.
          the guy might not test positive for alcohol, BUT just might for that other crap. you do have commercial vehicles .............................?

steve

Comment

I smoke pot ..................
            Another Pot Head run LCO/Fence Builder.

No wonder this bizz can't get no respect !

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Ain't no reason to be using drugs. Test away....it's in the company's best interest.

I don't give a chit what the employee does on 'their own time.' What I would care about is what chit is in their body while on 'my time.' Last thing you'd want to happen is the pothead to mow over little Suzie, drive off a cliff, rear-end a car...etc due to their intoxication. Insurance rates go up....or insurance just plain drops ya...

Perhaps the drug testing is required by the insurance company to begin with?

There is a reason. If you're b i t ch'in about it then you have the problem............ya know?
              2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
              Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by delasgh View Post
                the guy might not test positive for alcohol, BUT just might for that other crap. you do have commercial vehicles .............................?

steve
                Well Id hate to think that would ever happen... boy I sure hope not.

I have a buddy he fell for the 10% discount phone call from his agent and lost 4 guys. While they were waiting on the lab results a mow rig was involved in a collision and a frisbee full of weed was discovered under the drivers seat. The accident was the other drivers fault and when the lab came back a day later both guys in the truck were neg............. But the driver was terminated anyhow.

I dont think I would ever spring a random on anybody unless special circumstances existed. I would give a few weeks notice so they have the option to get clean. If they cant stop long enough to pass an employment related screen than probally rather not have them around.

Far as I know only 1 smokes dope ,, he dont know i do and he doesnt know that I know he does. I am pretty certain he has done it on my clock. I popped in on my day off one time and my office reaked of dope. There were 4 guys there that day and i didnt make a big deal of it. It was 4 O Clock and they were kicking a 40k month so........ boys will be boys?

Ive a couple alcohol related terminations though........
                SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
                Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
                www.lawnbook.com
                www.lawnservicing.com
                Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
                Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
                Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
                Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
                NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

W T F !

I smoke pot
                  HOLY SHEEOOT!
                  I am the one and only YardRat! Just call me "The Rat"

Comment

steve-o don't even do that......................

Originally posted by yardboy View Post
                    HOLY SHEEOOT!
                    what is the world coming to?

steve-o

Comment

Working...
                    X