Flower beds and trimming shrubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flower beds and trimming shrubs

I am fairly new to the business and I have a few customers wanting beds reone and shrubs trimmed. What and how do you base your price? I do not want to bid to low.

Base it on an hourly time frame. You estimate how long the job will take, then multiply accordingly. But you don't have to show your customer how many hours, or your houry rate.

Basically you want to show the customer one set price for that job, but you figure it using your hourly rates.

Don't tell the client that you charge $30/hr (or whatever) for bush trimming. A good trimmer can do a LOT of shrubs in an hour and it's worth much more than $30. Plus, you don't want that client setting the stop watch once you fire up the hedge trimmers.
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate your input

Comment

this guy says he is new to the business..

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k View Post
        Base it on an hourly time frame. You estimate how long the job will take, then multiply accordingly. But you don't have to show your customer how many hours, or your houry rate.

Basically you want to show the customer one set price for that job, but you figure it using your hourly rates.

Don't tell the client that you charge $30/hr (or whatever) for bush trimming. A good trimmer can do a LOT of shrubs in an hour and it's worth much more than $30. Plus, you don't want that client setting the stop watch once you fire up the hedge trimmers.
        how do you estimate if you are new? trial and error hurts.

steve
        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Working...
        X