When It rains, It pours,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When It rains, It pours,,,

Sheesh,, what a crappy couple of weeks I've had.

Got turned on down on a couple nice maintenance contracts. Another one that was supposed to be awarded yesterday, Friday, decided to invite like 10 other companies to come bid on it and told us that we had to wait until next Friday. There was scrubs all over the freaking place. Some measuring and counting, some just stood there and let the cigarette burn in their mouth as they just watched everybody. Then to top it off, my best guy had the day off. He was doing the last of his, ahem,, community hours when they picked him up. I get a call just past noon from him and he's in the pokey. He said his parole officer violated him last Saturday. Now he'll be in jail for at least a week, then they're also talking about revoking his VISA (he's from Trinidad) and deporting him. Oh man did that really stress me out. This guy was probably the best employee I've had over the years.
    Now the phone rings and it's one of my out of state customers. THey're complaining because I didn't give them any notice on the cleanup on their vacation house. She said, "it's hard this time of the year with the holidays, the economy, and maintaining two houses. I'll pay you but next time you need to ask first". Yeah whatever lady, I know this lot alone cost you a cool million and the house was another and you're bi@ching about a little cleanup job. The last two invoices that I sent you stated I was doing a cleanup this past month and needed a phone call to cancel.
    SHeesh,, oh,, then
    The jailbird's ex-girlfriend calls.
    "hello"
    "Scott, this is jailbirds girlfriend"
    "hey"
    "how are you doing,,,,"
    ",,,"
    ",,,"
    ",,,
    "Jailbird and I got in a fight so I moved out Thursday"
    "what? really?"
    "yeah, then I find out that he moved his stuff out Thursday after I did"
    "what?,,, really?" I already knew this from another employee
    "then today, one of the guys that he normally does community hours with stopped by and told me what had happened"
    "really"
    "yeah, so I called is sister, she doesn't know anything"
    "really?"
    "yeah but they're all liars,,, every single one of them and HE WAS CHEATING ON ME!"
    "what!? really?"
    "yeah,, anyways,, have you heard from him"
    "yeah, he's in jail"
    "REALLY?!",, sob-sob,,
    "yup, for at least a week and then INS is gonna jack him around"
    "really?" sob-sob,,, cry, then she starts wailing,,, "you've always been so good to us and he's always looked up to you",,, blah blah blah,,,
    ten minutes later, I managed to get her off the phone.
    Now I'm wigged out.
    I'm gonna go make myself a big azz chili dog w/onions,, really.

sheesh,,
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Sucks dude.Hope next week is less stressful

Comment

Originally posted by cklandscapingorlando View Post
      Sucks dude.Hope next week is less stressful
      hahahahaa! yeah, sorry, I was just venting,, Life is good but it's getting better.

Comment

damn that sucks. Bad luck for everybody this week. In a rush to put my plow on earlier this evening, I ended up back into a YEW bush, and completely destroyed a tail light and scratched the hell out of my 07 gmc. GRRRR
        oooooooooo yyyyeah
        some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

I got hit hard last year from the housing market.I lost 22 houses just off 1 client.Probly 5-10 more from other folks.This year has been alot better.Still got some pitas though

Comment

Oh crap I wouldn't even know how many new construction irrigation and landscaping jobs I would've had if the market was still soaring above the clouds. Man,,, the money was good back then. I like that pace too,, go-go-go! Now things are slow and I have time to think and sweat over the little stuff.

Hopefully I'll hear something from my jailbird about him not losing his visa. That would take a load off. It's not too often that you get these guys that you can just let go on a job and come back to see it near finished or done completely. Most of these guys need constant supervision, like what I have left. Geez,, how many times should I have to explain how to walk a campus and pick up all the debris and not just the stuff on walkways.

This next week will be interesting. Two pressure washing gigs, small landscape and then maintenance and possibly some lighting... Crap,, I'm getting all stressed out and it's still a good 12hrs away.

Comment

Working...
            X