Good Advertising Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Advertising Options

I recently started a lawn service buisness and my biggest problem at first was getting customers. I tryed tons of different advertising approaches but non really worked. What i found out was two really good web sites that helped me increase my work by over 70% The first website is www.vistaprint.com they have everything (lawn signs, buisness cards, car door magnets, pens, calanders ect.) and alot of there stuff is free (250 buisness cards for free) or really really cheap. They helped me alot. The second is www.freewebs.com you can get a website for free and i cant tell u how many customers i have gotten from that If you want to check mine out its
    www.jeffslawnservice.webs.com

I hope that these two web sites can help you like they helped me

Craigslist.com is also a goldmine for getting some good local leads.

Personally, I wouldn't go with a free website as you usually don't have full control over it and it could be taken down at any time (I haven't read the TOS for freewebs.com though so I'm not sure if they are different). Better to have your own domain which will increase in value over the years and your own professionally designed site. Once you have that you can then work on the SEO to rank highly for relevant local search queries on search engines like Google to be able to drive local business to your site. The best way is to use Web 2.0 sites like Ezinearticles, Squidoo, Blogger (and other free blogging platforms) and others to create lawn care related webpages and then have them link into your homepage. When they link in be sure to use good keywords for the anchor text of the link. Examples of keywords if you are in XZ Town would be -

XZ Town Lawn Service
    XZ Town Lawn Business
    XZ Town Lawn Mowing

Be sure to vary this a little (don't make them all the same keyword).

You will be surprised at how easy it is to dominate search for your area if you take a bit of time in the evenings to work on promoting your site.

Steve

Comment

craigslist? Really? Isn't that where cheap azzes look for cheap and/or free stuff. I can attest to it. I wouldn't bet on getting good leads.
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Any luck with using door hangers? Recently distributed 3000 in the area we would like to expand in but only got a few calls from them Has any one had a better response from this form of marketing?

Buy sell & trade lawn care accounts.
        http://tya.me

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
          craigslist? Really? Isn't that where cheap azzes look for cheap and/or free stuff. I can attest to it. I wouldn't bet on getting good leads.
          well, i have to disagree. I have had customers for serveral years with two of them now living out of state and still i do their RENTAL houses for them so that the HOA does not complain.

they pay on time, looking for someone local and a small person not a large company.

I picked up one this year that did not renew for they would never let her know when they were coming and she wanted to pick up the doggy doo in the back yard instead of rubbing it in.

So an email to her two days ahead nets me 100 bucks a month for 1 hr of work , all because of craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled View Post
            well, i have to disagree. I have had customers for serveral years with two of them now living out of state and still i do their RENTAL houses for them so that the HOA does not complain.

they pay on time, looking for someone local and a small person not a large company.

I picked up one this year that did not renew for they would never let her know when they were coming and she wanted to pick up the doggy doo in the back yard instead of rubbing it in.

So an email to her two days ahead nets me 100 bucks a month for 1 hr of work , all because of craigslist.

craigslist definitly varies by region, here in new jersey craigslist is good for the cheapo that wants 1 1/2 acres cut for 25.00 a shot.

i am not knocking the site but like i say, as far as new jersey is concerned the last thing you want to do is advertise your business because all you get are cheapo's and spammers.
            the only other thing just as lame is looking for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
              Another cheap a$$ site is ServiceMagic. I tried them again, but gave them up after 4 months for some of the very reasons i did back in the mid '90's. I was dealing with the same cheap people as I was 15+/- years ago.

i got a call from them last week trying to get me back, and I basically said "ELL No" becuz the quality of the lead stinks. Its a pay for lead service and too many of them are "lookie-lous" who want a quote for "planning" purposes. Since it is a pay per lead service, that's too much $$ down the drain.

Now we are on the horizon of other crack pot lead companies. My wife talked witha rep from some company who will send free leads, but they want 10% of the job they refered. The Wife said "no" and I said "ELL NO".

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen M. View Post
                Another cheap a$$ site is ServiceMagic. I tried them again, but gave them up after 4 months for some of the very reasons i did back in the mid '90's. I was dealing with the same cheap people as I was 15+/- years ago.

i got a call from them last week trying to get me back, and I basically said "ELL No" becuz the quality of the lead stinks. Its a pay for lead service and too many of them are "lookie-lous" who want a quote for "planning" purposes. Since it is a pay per lead service, that's too much $$ down the drain.

Now we are on the horizon of other crack pot lead companies. My wife talked witha rep from some company who will send free leads, but they want 10% of the job they refered. The Wife said "no" and I said "ELL NO".
                Its good to see i'm not the only one who wasn't getting what they pay for with them. I started it last spring and it started out ok. It was worth it. I got about 10 k in work in 2 months off about $300. then july hit, $800, 6 months and 30 leads later with no bites, i quite. The differance is when i started i was then only one, Then i had 2 lowballin mofo's join, and you can guess what happened.

Comment

Well...here's an option that won't cost a dime even if you do get a lead. YardShare.com lets you load up your pictures of jobs in the Expert section. You put your contact info on each job in your portfolio. It's a way to get your name and portfolio online for free.

Bryan
                  Bryan Powell
                  www.YardShare.com

Comment

yes you have shared nice information, but you can put your contact info on each job in your portfolio. It's a way to get your name and portfolio online for free.

Comment

Actually there are now a lot of good online services that help businesses set up their websites and do online marketing for them. One company I know, Web Partner Group (http://webpartnergroup.com/), also does SEO services.

Comment

Working...
                      X