Stupid cold white stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by btammo View Post
    CLCLAWN how many trucks/machines do you run for snow? Do you plow yourself?
    3 trucks with plows, 6 guys on blowers.

I am in one of the trucks.

Comment

I don't have a plow truck but do have either a Jeep or a f350 that I would put a plow on. I've pushed snow with the tractor on a few occasions for money and it works really well for private roads that I've done in the past as well as driveways. I bumped the numbers a bit and sent it out. We'll see.

Ron Howard: Is that... vodka... and wheat grass?
      Homer: It's called a "lawnmower". I invented it. Want one?

Comment

Originally posted by clclawn View Post
        3 trucks with plows, 6 guys on blowers.

I am in one of the trucks.
        6 guys on blowers? Dang thats alot.

What kind of salters you run?

Comment

I don't think it's worth purchasing a plow just for a job like that. Use what you already have at your disposal. Your tractor should work just fine, just leave the bucket on float to minimize wear & tear. Attach a 8' 360* swivel blade on the back and you have yourself a bad ass snow removin' machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Campbell View Post
            I don't think it's worth purchasing a plow just for a job like that. Use what you already have at your disposal. Your tractor should work just fine, just leave the bucket on float to minimize wear & tear. Attach a 8' 360* swivel blade on the back and you have yourself a bad ass snow removin' machine.

Just price it accordingly. That tractor in the picture is OK but not really what I would consider a "bad ass" snow removal machine. A Bobcat with a pusher or even a plow would do twice the work that tractor would do. That tractor is fine and will definitely do the job however....There is alot of forward and back going on with that job and alot of shuttle shifting with tractor.

My cousin has a john deere tractor, maybe 30 horse. There was a huge pile of snow and we raced through it to the other side and I could have done my path 2 or 3 times before he was done with his own.

Comment

Just price it accordingly. That tractor in the picture is OK but not really what I would consider a "bad ass" snow removal machine. A Bobcat with a pusher or even a plow would do twice the work that tractor would do. That tractor is fine and will definitely do the job however....There is alot of forward and back going on with that job and alot of shuttle shifting with tractor.

My cousin has a john deere tractor, maybe 30 horse. There was a huge pile of snow and we raced through it to the other side and I could have done my path 2 or 3 times before he was done with his own.
              Much faster with a plow truck. I have a 30hp diesel Kubota, certainly it would do the job, but plow truck is so much faster. Plus, it"s warmer......:laughing::laughing::laughing:
              Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

My machine is 44 horse and a HST (hyrdrostatic transmission: rock pedal forward-tractor goes forward/rock pedal back-tractor goes back). I've also used a Bobcat T300 in the snow and I liked the tractor better (except for being exposed to the elements since the T300 was enclosed). If I do get it and am miserable I might just get a cab for the tractor.
                With the little ammount of snow we get, I think I'll be fine.
                http://www.kubota.com/f/products/GL40/index.cfm L4240

Comment

Originally posted by 1Chavez View Post
                  My machine is 44 horse and a HST (hyrdrostatic transmission: rock pedal forward-tractor goes forward/rock pedal back-tractor goes back). I've also used a Bobcat T300 in the snow and I liked the tractor better (except for being exposed to the elements since the T300 was enclosed). If I do get it and am miserable I might just get a cab for the tractor.
                  With the little ammount of snow we get, I think I'll be fine.
                  http://www.kubota.com/f/products/GL40/index.cfm L4240
                  Certainly! You hardly get snow so it wont be so bad.

That picture that Otis supplied makes me shiver just thinking about being in those elements. wet, cold and ice and snow all over the machine and controls....eek.

With a truck and plow (V) you could knock that road out in about an hour probably, plus the sidewalks on top of that.

Comment

Instead of back dragging every drive way I would think about a 3 point straight blade. While not as fast as a plow on a pickup or a truck it would be effective. Back up to driveway drop the blade be done with it.
                    Noli nothis permittere te terere

Comment

6 guys on blowers? Dang thats alot.

What kind of salters you run?
                      A large part of our salting is an office park where we only do the sidewalks, the handful of lots we do are smaller, so for now we just push spread it.

Comment

Originally posted by clclawn View Post
                        A large part of our salting is an office park where we only do the sidewalks, the handful of lots we do are smaller, so for now we just push spread it.
                        I got sick of that push spread for lots deal. Bought me a Buyers SUV Pro tailgate spreader last year and I'm glad I did. What would take 15-30 minutes by hand now takes a couple minutes tops. I can fit 7 bags in the hopper, that's exceeding the max load I believe. Next time around I'll buy a larger capacity spreader, but for now I'm more than pleased with what I have.

Comment

so Rich, did you get the job?
                          oooooooooo yyyyeah
                          some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

Originally posted by highlander316 View Post
                            so Rich, did you get the job?
                            Really Rich did you get it? You got snow there yesterday! How did you make out??

Comment

No word yet. Whoever has the contract now gets to finish out the snow year. I should know sometime around next month.

Comment

Working...
                              X