Stupid cold white stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid cold white stuff

Gotta bid removal of snow on raods, parking and walks.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address...971#a/maps/l::[1-799]+Meadow+Ct:Southold:NY:11971:US:41.03875:-72.4205:street:Suffolk+County:1/m:sat:14:41.038749:-72.4205:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Ron Howard: Is that... vodka... and wheat grass?
    Homer: It's called a "lawnmower". I invented it. Want one?

what is it, just that street? Do you do alot of other snow removal?
    oooooooooo yyyyeah
    some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

Originally posted by 1Chavez View Post
      Gotta bid removal of snow on raods, parking and walks.
      http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address...971#a/maps/l::[1-799]+Meadow+Ct:Southold:NY:11971:US:41.03875:-72.4205:street:Suffolk+County:1/m:sat:14:41.038749:-72.4205:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e
      Blanket contract including snow removal.......?
      Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

HOA? Just use a tractor with 3pt blade or better yet, skidsteer with plow. Forget a truck plow for one account.

Comment

Street, driveways, walkways and little area by the mailbox. It is a condo. I have all the landscape ready for a bid, but have to come up with the snow removal part. I also don't do snow as a contract since I never know if I'll be around during the winter. I am going to sub it out and got one quote to do just the street at $150 per push, but need to find someone who will do everything. I thought about keeping one of my regular crew on call for next winter to take care of this, but am not totally comfortable with the idea.

Comment

Would this work?
            $350 per push on call
            or
            $3750 for December, January, Feburary, March
            4 month plan will start plowing/shoveling after 2" snowfall

Snow plan decision must be agreed upon prior to November 1

There is no sand and only salt is on the steps so materials are minimal. The area historically gets little snow since the ocean turns most precip to rain (so far this season would have been 2 pushes and it's practically half way through).

Thoughts?

Comment

Would this work?
              $350 per push on call
              or
              $3750 for December, January, Feburary, March
              4 month plan will start plowing/shoveling after 2" snowfall

Snow plan decision must be agreed upon prior to November 1

There is no sand and only salt is on the steps so materials are minimal. The area historically gets little snow since the ocean turns most precip to rain (so far this season would have been 2 pushes and it's practically half way through).

Thoughts?
              How long & how big are the areas being plowed? Shoveled? Snowblowed? Salted?Hard to tell , need more info. I like to be at $125.00 minimum hrly, but usually make much more than that. Your area will likely be higher hrly than mine as well
              Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

Walkways/steps are 10-15' each. Salt is only on steps (1 or 2 per unit) I figure I could get there, have a guy do the walkways/steps/shovel work while I scrape the driveways and push the road in less than 2 hours easy.

Comment

I google mapped it and used the satelite view, the guy that gave you the $150/push is good on price IMO, maybe slightly high, but is good for about 4-5" a push. Are the garages doubles, or single car.

What are you planning on using? I think you might be a little low w/ the $350/push quote, back dragging from garage doors is a pain (if using a front blade) if it's more than a few inches. Also what if there is cars in the driveway, you'll have to clean around them? The map shows 33 units, so say $10/unit (for the driveway, sidewalks, salt), that's $330 right there. I'd honestly go for at least $15/unit and $125 for the street, which would bring me to $495. I'd take along 5 bags of salt each time just to be safe (figure $5-6/bag, that's in my area), so there's $25-30 right there. Also, what if some freak storm, you have 6", 12", 36"?

I don't really know you areas pricing, but from what I've heard from you in the past and talking to you, it sounds like you have good rates. I know I haven't been doing this as long as others, but for snow, I like to bid high, too many variables when you are out there (cars in the way, stuff breaking, traffic jams, etc.). Some of these guys out there go nuts with the number of accounts they have, go to fast to get them all done and look like ass. I like to bid higher, spend more time to do a quality job, and deal with fewer accounts than some of the nut jobs in my area. Maybe you're better to sub it, but I always question relying on someone thats subbing, what happens if they are on vacation or their stuff is broke? When it comes to snow, all it takes is for one thing to go wrong and you day is ruined (which is why I dread snow sometimes lol).
                  oooooooooo yyyyeah
                  some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

Single car garages, cars get parked in the garage so no digging around them, and it is a dead end street that is mainly a summer community (very few people stay year round in this condo place). Plan is to either sub it out do it with a tractor and front end loader.

Comment

Walkways/steps are 10-15' each. Salt is only on steps (1 or 2 per unit) I figure I could get there, have a guy do the walkways/steps/shovel work while I scrape the driveways and push the road in less than 2 hours easy.
                      Might be okay with your #s if you're looking at a couple of hrs. Snow is funny like Highlander said, it can bite ya in the azz if not careful. Sounds like you have it figured out. Do you have your own plow truck for doing the road if you decide to do it yourself?

Comment

I dont know man...i would be higher than 350 a push, especially if you dont have the proper snow removal equipment. Will take awhile back blading all of those houses with a tractor and cleanup will take awhile with only a bucket. Highlander and JR giving some good advice as they do this crap too.

Each of the walkways are atleast $15 each time +salt

Comment

Just for a base, i have a villa complex, 42 drives (double wide but short), no street plowing. $690 2-5 inches. Takes 2 guys about 2-3 hours on a 2 inch storm, so i think you may be a bit low.

When that snow hits 6 inches it takes them 4-6 hours depending on drifting so have differant price levels or revert to hourly at some point.

Also when considering the set monthly fees, be careful. You get a bad winter and you will lose money. I have about 5 properties on set snow pricing, but i have about 50 properties. Those 5 properties acount for less then 5% of my snow income so if it is a bad winter, i may lose on them, but still make money on the rest. Also consider 3 year deals on snow if your going to do it on contract. That way it averages out over time.

Comment

And thats not even considering Long Island money.....

Comment

Originally posted by clclawn View Post
                              Just for a base, i have a villa complex, 42 drives (double wide but short), no street plowing. $690 2-5 inches. Takes 2 guys about 2-3 hours on a 2 inch storm, so i think you may be a bit low.

When that snow hits 6 inches it takes them 4-6 hours depending on drifting so have differant price levels or revert to hourly at some point.

Also when considering the set monthly fees, be careful. You get a bad winter and you will lose money. I have about 5 properties on set snow pricing, but i have about 50 properties. Those 5 properties acount for less then 5% of my snow income so if it is a bad winter, i may lose on them, but still make money on the rest. Also consider 3 year deals on snow if your going to do it on contract. That way it averages out over time.
                              CLCLAWN how many trucks/machines do you run for snow? Do you plow yourself?

Comment

Working...
                              X