Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does milky white hydrolic fluid mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does milky white hydrolic fluid mean?

I last used my plow a week and a half ago. I went out to test it today(an old Meyer I bought used) and it would not move in any direction. I bled off the fluid and it was milky white. I refilled with new fluid and it is working now. I'm wondering what would make the fluid white and why would the plow not move? There is one place on one of the arms that it leaks fluid just a tiny bit, but no big puddle or anything. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Thanks.

Either air or water mixed in with the fluid.

Ron Howard: Is that... vodka... and wheat grass?
    Homer: It's called a "lawnmower". I invented it. Want one?

Comment

Water. Surprised it drained out and wasnt frozen up. Glad it worked out for you. You may want to use it a little and flush it back out again. Get that leak fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by btammo View Post
        Water. Surprised it drained out and wasnt frozen up. Glad it worked out for you. You may want to use it a little and flush it back out again. Get that leak fixed!
        Does the leak allow enough water in to turn it milky?

Comment

Sure. Doesnt take much to get in especially if it has been sitting around awhile. I would flush it, use it and then flush again....

Comment

Sure. Doesnt take much to get in especially if it has been sitting around awhile. I would flush it, use it and then flush again....
            Yup. Had my myers freeze up, knew it was that because I put heat on it, & in about three minutes, it was working. Lift ram seal is iffy, I think moisture is getting by.
            Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

I had 3 plow freeze up this year and smoked 2 pump motors in the meantime

Comment

I am going to rebuild the myers e-60. Got a buddy of mine that has the necessary equipment to do it. Fisher minute mount has been good, no issues. looks like more snow coming in this coming week. spent many hrs plowing Wednsday & thursday .
                Conan, what is best in life? To crush the Democrats, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

Comment

I had 3 plow freeze up this year and smoked 2 pump motors in the meantime
                  Found the problem with the myers. Water had gotten in the end of the motor, & when it got cold, froze up, motor would not turn. Pull motor, drain completely, good to go. Note to self, when installing a new motor, make sure there is a drain hole facing down on motor case.

Comment

I siliconed around my motors when I put them on this time. Doesnt say to do that but i fugured it couldnt hurt. I had ice around the motor shaft as well. Nice design huh....

Comment

I siliconed around my motors when I put them on this time. Doesnt say to do that but i fugured it couldnt hurt. I had ice around the motor shaft as well. Nice design huh....
                      Not a bad idea. I may try that. Got equipment all ready for spring? Finishing up a few small repairs, seeing as there has been no snow to move for two weeks....

Comment

Originally posted by jrservices View Post
                        Not a bad idea. I may try that. Got equipment all ready for spring? Finishing up a few small repairs, seeing as there has been no snow to move for two weeks....
                        No havent even started getting stuff ready for spring yet. i have been enjoying the last two weeks of doing nothing but riding snowmobile. Well, until last weekend when it got really warm and the half the trails melted. I will start getting stuff ready next month. My shop looks like a bomb went off in it.

Comment

If it appears white like milk it could mean that there is water in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X