Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grader blade for snow - how well does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grader blade for snow - how well does it work?

I need some equipment for my 400-foot driveway in northern Indiana.

I'm looking at a 45-HP tractor w/ a 7-foot grader blade on the 3-pt hitch. But somebody who plows with his F150 4x4 says a truck will be MUCH faster and do a much better job than a tractor with a blade like that.

Is he right?

Thanks!

Sure a truck would be faster that is obvous. The question is do you have a use for a tractor other than plowing? Do you have a use for a truck with a plow other than plowing your driveway? Try to find a tractor with bucket. You can pick up a back blade cheap enough somewhere. Good luck.

Comment

It's your own driveway? 400' isn't much either way to make a big difference.

A tractor is much more versatile anyhow, but unless you have other uses for the tractor - buy whatever is the cheapest option.

Comment

Truck will be warmer unless you opt for the cab.
        Tractor is more versitile.
        You can get front plow for a tractor if you want.

Ron Howard: Is that... vodka... and wheat grass?
        Homer: It's called a "lawnmower". I invented it. Want one?

Comment

If you don't have a need for a tractor or a plow other then your drive, it would be years before you get you return on investment vs just hireing someone.

remember you average pushable snow fall per season is around 6-8.

Comment

I agree too. The blade pattern won't work when the snow gets 3 or 4 feet deep, but a FEL lets you to keep picking it up and pushing it back.

Comment

Hi..Daniel Wilson... i agree with you a plows will do grate work with tractor to easily remove snow for driveway.

Snow Removal Calgary

Comment

Working...
              X