laptop vs handheld pda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop vs handheld pda

I have about 25-30 yards as a second job. What would be best for me a cheap laptop or some sort of handheld pda? To keep up with schedules, payments, maintenance, etc. I was thinking of a handheld pda of some sort. Also what’s kind or brand do you recommend? I am using a calender at this time. which is not to good.

You can buy tiny laptops for under $300 that will do pretty much everything the larger laptops will do. They run XP. You can get them with a 10" screen with an almost full sized keyboard. Or you can go really small and get the 8" screen, but the keyboard is smaller.

I bought the new Asus 10" unit and upgraded it with 2Gb's of Ram. It has an incredibly long battery life of 9 hours. And it can pick up wireless internet from pretty much anywhere.

The sad thing is that I've been so busy, I haven't had much time to get into the computer yet.....and I've had it for well over a month.
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

An Acer 1. Excellent little laptop. Windows XP decent keyboard for size. The price was right. It has power of a decent laptop and slightly larger than a PDA and more powerful.

I have had mine for a while, good reviews when I was looking at it. And its lived up to those expectations.
      Noli nothis permittere te terere

Comment

They have computers (like everyone is talking about) called net books. They are anywhere from $200 and up. Paired with an external hard drive and/or an external DVD read/write I don't know why anyone would want a laptop or desktop ever again. They are great for WI-FIing also.

With 25-to 30 jobs you should consider using lawn care software. They do scheduling, routes, billing, payments, customer database, materials, and alll sorts of stuff. Sure beats using a calender. It will help you a whole bunch. I use Gopher and I believe it starts out around $99. They have a 30 day trial. There are others too. Just do a search for lawn software.

Comment

Any one have experience with a dell insprion 15 4 gb memory and 320gb hard drive I believe I will purchase one soon. On sale till the end of the month. I run quick books on my desk top now but I need something else to carry around in the car.

Comment

Working...
          X