Commercial bid ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial bid ?s

How do you go about finding out who the property manager is for commercial bids? I am thinking of looking into commercial properties, but want some inside tips before I decide....

Just call, or send the bid to the director of operations......as in, just put that title on the envelope.
    a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper-S2k View Post
      Just call, or send the bid to the director of operations......as in, just put that title on the envelope.
      Thank you.....should I include a letter stateing what I feel needs done as well and how often...could I do this without talking to them first? i.e I go check out the property..write down all I see that I feel needs to be done. give them a price, get the address write the letter and just put it in the mail?

Comment

Originally posted by d0naldtrump View Post
        Thank you.....should I include a letter stateing what I feel needs done as well and how often...could I do this without talking to them first? i.e I go check out the property..write down all I see that I feel needs to be done. give them a price, get the address write the letter and just put it in the mail?
        No........ Find out what they want done, not what you think needs done.
        That part can come later.

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
          thanks for the advise...from what i get it is best to go in or atleast call and ask for the director of operations, and say something like hi im so and so calling with so and so and I believe I could save you atleast 10% on your yearly grounds maintenance. If you dont mind I would like to take a look at what needs you feel suited to maintain your landscaping and see if I can save you some money.........then be like no sir/maam you will not have to be present if you could just please leave the details up front I can pick them up and turn the results back to the person I recieved them from, I understand your a busy person being the director of operations and would not like to take any time from your already busy schedule.....

Comment

thanks for the advise...from what i get it is best to go in or atleast call and ask for the director of operations, and say something like hi im so and so calling with so and so and I believe I could save you atleast 10% on your yearly grounds maintenance. If you dont mind I would like to take a look at what needs you feel suited to maintain your landscaping and see if I can save your company some money.........does this sound appropriate??

Comment

Call and general number given and ask for the person in charge of relieving sealed bids.

Also: you may want to have handy any insurance information you have handy and a an organized list of services you provide. maybe pics of jobs done and referral sheets. always better to have more info than less and be one step ahead.

good luck!

jason

Comment

I TOTALLY agree!

Comment

if you have apartments then most of the time you meed to talk to the property manager. but i called some and i just asked the person that answered the phone. most of them told me to come buy and told me when they took bids. so im just goin to type up a bid and fax it to them for the property manager.

Comment

Originally posted by bkslawncare502 View Post
                    if you have apartments then most of the time you meed to talk to the property manager. but i called some and i just asked the person that answered the phone. most of them told me to come buy and told me when they took bids. so im just goin to type up a bid and fax it to them for the property manager.
                    Talk to the Right person, find out exactly what they want and then submit the bid. Knowing the the correct information is what makes you money when you bid a job.

Comment

well what im doin it just putin it all on the bid sheet. the mowin, trimming, blowing, edgeing, clean-up and fall clean-up all in one price. then mulch and shrubs and ed clean-up and snow removal all seperate.

Comment

Originally posted by d0naldtrump View Post
                        How do you go about finding out who the property manager is for commercial bids? I am thinking of looking into commercial properties, but want some inside tips before I decide....
                        Start with the property managment company sign, usually found in front of the job in question.

I prefer approaching a tennant, ask them where they call for maintenace issues and who they speak with. This is the person you will be looking for. This person may not make the final decision as to what contractor will be awarded a contract. But they will be instumental in getting you where you need to be.

Remember this person may not be the president of the company but it will be in your best interest to treat them like they are. This is your ticket to where you want to go.

You still need determine when, where and why

Comment

The internet is your friend... Use it.

If your city or county has a property appraiser's site then you can search various information. Like putting in a property's address will get you the actual owner's name and mailing address. So you can send your propaganda to the right person.

It's is also useful for a variety of other things. For example if a customer calls and leaves a message giving you just their name you can punch that in and get their address. Using that along with Google maps street and satellite views can let me get a pretty good idea of what to expect before I even call the customer back.

Oh... And don't tell your customers you do this... Most people get itchy when they find out you snooped into their info. You'll also find a lot of other useless, but sometimes interesting info out by doing this (like how much they actually paid for their house, property taxes, additions and improvements, etc...).

There are limitations of course. One is that the info might not always be up to date (depending how on top of things your county is), and it only gets you info on the actual owner of a property, so if you deal with renters then it's useless.

To give you an example of how I use this... Last week a person called and left a voice mail asking about lawn service. She only gave me her first name and the street. So I punched in the street name bringing up every one on that street and went through the list, and was able to find one person with the same first name. Within 5 minutes of listening to the voice mail I had a street view and satellite view of the person's house. So when I called her back I had a picture of her house on my screen as we talked (of course I didn't tell her this). I find it helps me to understand what the customer is talking about better.

At any rate... You can use the address search to find out what company or individual owns the commercial property you want to bid, and from there you can either mail them a letter, or look up the property manager's number and call them. It's much quicker than hunting around for a sign at the property which may not always be there.
                          Jeff C.

Comment

One other to keep in mind on commercial is that sometimes it takes time to get in. in many cases you will not get good accounts with one call or meeting and some may take years of trying.

One of the best ways to get commercial is through people you already know. Almost every person you know, friends, relatives and customers, all work some where and knows who is the right person in the place they work.

Comment

you need to go and talk to the person that has the landscaping plans( a gc )
                              so you can bid on it but that well only work on Commercial Landscaping...
                              lawn service Miami

Comment

Working...
                              X