No announcement yet.

Would you bid this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell Us What You Got Scott..............

i could not do this without adding help and equipment. one day............ i better have work for the other four days. sit down and write the pros and cons on this deal. think about weather too in florida. steve says no.............but then again, i don't know your situation.

steve
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Personally I think this is a good paying job if you think of it as one job vs 80 separate homes. Shoot as a matter of fact, if you have 80 homes in a row, this would still be a good paying job. Windshield time is huge and I would have to move the truck because most of these homes are lakeside.

Adding help, ya I would have to do that and some equipment too but that's gonna happen regardless if I'm to grow and Stoney's #s are pretty close. I'm kinda thinking on the lines of what you guys are saying in bits and pieces. Add an employee, add equipment, have more ppl at this site to cut down on time there and then split up on separate routes.
      If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

No matter what a simple two man crew will be most productive.

If you can split the project into 4 sections and do just one section per day it will be much more manageable.

To cut down on constantly moving the truck think about using the ztr to pull a lawn tractor cart with equipment racks and hand held equipment.
        "Maitreya"

Comment

Do the lawns have to be split up?

If not you save time by not outlining each yard and just running your lines as far you can. Put some natural property line breaks so that you can start and stop in different places and thios would be a breeze.

Oh, and a plastic soda bottle in the back pocket and a extra spool of line in front pocket will help eliminate stops. One of my guys rigged up a shoulder strap for a one gallon gas can that he uses on big properties.
          Life ain't nothin' but *****es and MONEY. Ice Cube

Comment

Yes, you should bid this job. Crazy not to. You don't look at this as 80 jobs, it's not. It should be looked at as one big condo complex.

You can make money doing it for even less $$$$ than you stated if you had to. Or you could throw 4 guys on the job and get it done just a little faster and not wear out the employees. That 4th guy won't save hours on the total job, but not having 1 guy trimming 9 hours by himself will make everyone happier and the end result will be nicer. It will also free up a small amount of time to make sure everything looks the way it should when they are done.

These are jobs you don't want to pass up if you have the man power to tackle them. No real drive time saves a lot.

The only reason not to bid is if you don't have enough help.
            a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
            Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I will take them and run.. I mean if you are haveing trouble getting work, then this is your key! But def. would hire at least 1 other person and yes split it into 3-4 sections. 20-30 Yards a day is a piece of cake exp. if there in the same location, but i would arrange for the people to have the cars and eveything in your way out so you can get the job done a lot faster! But that is my opinion in the land of the cheap skates! SC!! lol

Comment

Scott, any updates???
                2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
                Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

this is a good thread , alot of good information about complex services.
                  we are moving into the same kinds of work enviroments with great success ........... we would love to hear back with a update scott.

Comment

Still haven't heard anything. I was told a decision will be made the last week of December. Last I heard there was 31 bids in. The previous company had a 3 year contract.
                    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

we have started targeting complex's simular to your situation and its the best decision we ever made.

Comment

Working...
                      X