Plowing drives only I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plowing drives only I need advice

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. This is simple, I need some advice from the pro's. I'm a one man band. I have a fertilization business in the summer and I plow in the winter as a sub contractor. However, the sub work is slow. I have a great customer base that I want to just sell the service of only plowing the drive. I believe several of them would take me up on it. Presently I'm in the process of sending out my renewal letters now and I would like to enclose a notice to advertise

My 1st question is what would be a good worded short letter to use advertising that I only do drives.

Second question, what kind of ball park prices to charge.

Thanks.

personally i can't imagine anyone hiring someone to do there snow removal and only get the driveway cleared. you gotta do the whole thing, sidewalks, walkways, steps to the house, etc.

i know there are people out there that only car about the driveway but it's actually illegal and homeowners can get in trouble if they don't have there sidewalk cleared and someone falls and gets hurt.

i have a few clients that don't care whether there sidewalks get done or not but they get it done so they don't get introuble from someone falling.

as for price, couldn't help ya there because i'm sure i charge differently than most guys. i have a certain price for up to a certain amount then it increases to another price for another certain amount.

Comment

Originally posted by HGT View Post
      Hello everyone and Happy New Year. This is simple, I need some advice from the pro's. I'm a one man band. I have a fertilization business in the summer and I plow in the winter as a sub contractor. However, the sub work is slow. I have a great customer base that I want to just sell the service of only plowing the drive. I believe several of them would take me up on it. Presently I'm in the process of sending out my renewal letters now and I would like to enclose a notice to advertise

My 1st question is what would be a good worded short letter to use advertising that I only do drives.

Second question, what kind of ball park prices to charge.

Thanks.
      I drive as a sub for a larger company and get 90 - 100 an hour to plow, no Billing, Contracts, etc.. Just drive and get 1099'd at end of year.

I do have 3 customers, I charge 85.00 to drop the plow and charge another 45.00 an hour to do sidewalks. I know from years ago a HOA I worked for used Urea instead of salt to treat hard surfaces, thats about 20 years ago so i do not remeber all the details, (salt vs Urea). as for the letter, just offer the plow drop at your PRICE, and outline its just truck for driveway, and maybe some of the street to get them out. I dont think they will complain..
      sigpic

Spring fever.

Comment

Around here a minimum of $35.00

for a single car driveway of average length. At least $ 50.00 for a double wide. Anything additional is extra at my hourly rate.

A simple broken hydralulic line will cost at least that to replace it. Don't sell youirself cheap plowing is expensive for the business owner when things break.

Just make a statement that you only do plow work, no shovel or blowing if that's what you want to do.

Comment

I guess it depends on where you live. I plow in upstate NY, here we get between $15-25 per driveway. Here we also mostly charge a flat amount by the season. Usually between $300-400 for the season, and you go out at a minimuim of 3" and as many times as needed during the big storms. So I guess it varies on where you live.

Comment

Working...
          X