Advertising Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Ideas

Hey everyone, Just posting to see all the different ways you guys advertise your lawn and landscaping companies. I started my lawn service one month ago and am having some trouble getting a good customer base. I am strictly doing residential so I am limited there. But I have 8 customers and have passed out cards to 500 houses so far. I just got in 1000 more cards that I will be passing out and I regularly post on craigslist. I also posted in a few free directories.

Feel free to list all the ways yall advertise. Mine are as follows.
    -Business cards in peoples door
    -Craigslist
    -Yellow book online Directory

Best of luck to everyone.
    sigpicTexasCut@yahoo.com

I haven't started posting ads through craigslist yet but I'm putting up a Facebook public page. I also have the traditional business cards but I am mostly distributing these to establishments and to my friends who may be able at some time in the near future, hire me or refer me to those they know that need my services. I am a believer of positive word of mouth. Also, I am planning to put up a website but I would have to focus on improving my operational services first.
    tree service Birmingham
    Tree removal Mobile

Comment

All Ideas Suck.................

when i started i ran a yellow page ad.......sucked with too many stupid price shopping calls, i did flyers.....sucked with too much work and too little responce, i did postcards.....seemed to suck alittle less but alot of cost involved, i did business cards.....sucked with too little responce also. best thing is to get started and do good work and it don't take long for the word to get around. ohhhhh, i ran ads in HOA newsletters with little responce. i got both trls and trucks lettered which did the best. once you get started ask how the folks got your name and track it for your records...........

steve-o
      "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Ditch the cards on doors and opt instead for large fliers (you can make these yourself at home) or better yet, professionally printed door hangers. PM me if you want ideas for fliers that bring in a good rate of return.

Be sure to list your business on Google and have a website to link it from. A lot of my business leads come as a result of Google (and I don't pay a dime).

Again, the website is a must. On mine there is an estimate request form on every page making it very easy for someone to contact me, and quick.

With your existing customers, inform them you'd appreciate their referrals.

Thing is, the best advertising doesn't have to cost you thousands. Just develop a marketing plan and stick with it.

www.tightwadmarketing.com
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

A few companies in town are using door hangers. They typically go in half with another company who offers a complimentary type service (pet waste removal, etc.). I think the cost aren't to prohibitive but not sure about the response. They've been doing it several years so it must be working for them.
          Omaha Lawn Care

Comment

I think you look for a local person to trade services with. They create/manage your website and do SEO for you so that you appear in the search engines and you mow their yard. That's what I'm doing right now with my local lawn guy. I'm the website guy and he's the lawn service provider. It's a win/win for both of us. Private message me if you want more details of how that might work.

Comment

Creative advertising is must for staying in the market for every brand and business. Really nice collection of advertising ideas. You should identify your costumers first. Then promote and advertise your products among those. Create a survey and commitment is also valuable.

Comment

hockey99sw

Now I have only been mowing lawns through my business for about 2 months and I live in a very small town with only 5k people or so. I have tried flyers, but no response and I have also tried business cards and so far this seems to be a big one for me, but I took another method on this and I hope this helps some of you. Every weekend in my town there are many garage sale or yard sales so what i did was took about 100 business cards and asked the people running the yard sale if I could leave my cards on their tables, it helps if you buy something from them first if you know what I mean. There are many people looking for good deals at garage sales and when they go to pay there is you business card easy and free advertising. Then I had another idea I have a few of my friends that own their own companies(ac repair, plumbing, and so forth) I gave them some of my cards and vice versa and that has worked out for me as well.

Comment

For lawn care maintenance service, the best thing is to put up door flyers. Business cards work fine but they need to be professional and at the same time provide enough information. The problem with the door to door flyer is that they tend to work mostly at the beginning of the season. In Houston, TX, we put up flyers in February - April only. The return rate drops dramatically after that. I notice many post are saying they put out 100 cards. That is simply not enough. You need to do more like 10,000 to get enough business. Having a professional website helps. Once you have enough accounts and have crews in various neighborhoods, invest in professional vehicle wrapping. It is expensive but it is worth it in the long run. I been in the lawn maintenance industry for over 20 years and this formula works well. If you are afraid of hard work, this may not be the right industry for you. Good luck!

Marvin Solano
                  Houston Sprinkler Systems Company

Comment

Weve never had much luck passing out cards. Door hangers work in developing areas that dont have a ton of competion all ready. But like other peeps said, get a decent website up and running and get it linked to GOOGLE. Youll get leads comming your way in a month or 2.

Mike Carnahan
                    www.carnahanlandscaping.com
                    Mike Carnahan
                    Carnahan Landscaping Inc.

Comment

Landscaping companies can benefit from the busy schedules of today's American adults. Many working in two-paycheck families, raising children, caring for pets and pursuing leisure activities just don't have the time or inclination to do it themselves. That's where you come in. The challenge is learning to use advertising effectively to attract and build business.
                      Yellow Pages:
                      While doubters may say that the Yellow Pages are dead, for locally based small business operations--such as landscaping services--phone directories still have an important place in the advertising mix. Those looking for services often turn to the Yellow Pages so it pays to have prominence there. Research the availability of various headings that are most likely to attract the types of consumers you're looking for and ask for input and recommendations from the directory salesperson you're dealing with. They often have significant amounts of data and research on what works and what doesn't, so it pays to seek their expertise.
                      Home and Garden Shows:
                      People interested in improving their lawns appear in droves at home and garden shows. If you operate a landscaping business, you should be there too. In addition to staffing a booth, opportunities abound to gain exposure at these shows. Consider sponsoring breakfast, lunch, beverages or a ****tail reception. Mingle among attendees in the common areas, where coffee and food are served. Advertise in the program schedule. Make important contacts at home and garden shows, where you'll be among people who are interested in what you have to offer.
                      Social Media and Online Advertising:
                      While traditional advertising tools, like the Yellow Pages, have their place, new social media and online opportunities can be beneficial as well. It's all about using a variety of methods to get the word out to those who may be interested in your services. Online advertising through social media can allow you to very narrowly target those in a particular zip code area who have expressed an interest in home improvement, lawn care or landscaping services--and you can pay only for those who actually click on your ad.

Comment

Door hangers seems like a good idea, i think we are going to try that this year with our landscaping and lawn care business, what sort things should we include on the flyer?

Thanks,
                        Josh
                        <a href="http://www.springscapes.ca/">Springscapes Landscaping and Lawn Care</a>
                        Josh

Landscaping and Decks Blue Mountain
                        Springscapes Landscaping | Blue Mountain, Collingwood, Stayner and Wasaga Beach
                        Landscaping and Lawn Care | Blue Mountain, Collingwood, Stayner and Wasaga Beach

Comment

Working...
                        X