Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinkler pump type and size

Here is what I have:

Replacing municipal water supply with a pump system drawing water from the lake behind the house. I have 6 zones, estimating between 10 - 15 GPM per zone; I believe this is typically the municipal supply rate as I have been told.

The length of pipe from the pump to where I will tie into the existing system is approximately 250' and around 5' elevation difference. The furthest sprinkler head from the tie-in point would be another 75'. The pipe length on the suction side will be up to 150', with elevation difference between pump and intake 10' or less.

I would appreciate pump recommendations. I've talked with pump manufacturer reps and irrigation supply stores, and they have placed me around 1 hp. One has recommended a jet pump, others centrifugal sprinkler pumps.

Thanks!

Irrigation Forums

Originally posted by corbett79 View Post
    Replacing municipal water supply with a pump system drawing water from the lake behind the house. I have 6 zones, estimating between 10 - 15 GPM per zone; I believe this is typically the municipal supply rate as I have been told.

I would appreciate pump recommendations. I've talked with pump manufacturer reps and irrigation supply stores, and they have placed me around 1 hp. One has recommended a jet pump, others centrifugal sprinkler pumps.
    Congrats to getting what I'm sure was a big undertaking. While perusing around some other forums and sites I found others talking about a hypro pump and shurflo pumps. Hope this helps!

Comment

End-Suction Centrifugal pump is a great source for pumping water from any source where the water level is higher than the pump.
      Landscaping Killeen

Comment

Working...
      X