Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Buying a Real Trimmer and Edger, What brand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Buying a Real Trimmer and Edger, What brand???

I am a concrete contractor who never skimped on job tools, but bought home depot crap for my house. No More! I will spend any amount to not have to work like a ass anymore.
    Currently working:
    I now have a cub cadet powerhead with a ryobi edger attachment, and a cub cadet string trimmer attachment. The Ryobi as whats left from 2 x 100 dollar combo unit. The cub cadet is what left of 2 x 100 dollar combo units. Plus alot of other broken crap!
    My garage is the Museum of Bad Purchases:laughing:

I'm looking to buy a dedicated edger, and a dedicated string trimmer, but might go for the attachable trimmer to a power head.

I'm partial to the Stihl Kombi 110 r for staight shaft trimming, the pole pruner and the adjustible hedge trimmer or a dedicated FS 110 r for the trimmer.

An FC 100 or 110 for the edger. (8000 vs 4000 rpm) Any help here?

Please help me decide since I intend to purchase everything this week.
    Thanks
    Moogie

How much trimming are you going to do? Just one home or will you use it on jobs some how?
    Incitatus for the US Senate !

Comment

3 homes, Also now interested in the echo line of tools. % year consumer warrenty, and 2 stroke engine.

Comment

3 houses, 600' of edges not counting landscape beds.

Comment

I am on my second FS250 but that is for really tough and nasty grass. I do not even use it anymore-I let my guys do that.

I also have a Shindawa 231. This has now been upgraded by Shindawa to a 242. Echo bought out Shindawa or at least the parent company did. I like my Shindawa 231 but needed another medium size trimmer. I did a little research-talked to the Mexicans that work the Intel account, and they all use Stihl FS 85s or the newer 90s.

So today bought another trimmer. I purchased a Stihl FS-90. I asked the dealer if I should look at the Shindawa or Echos. He said he has 16 FS90s in stock today (Thursday) and will need anther shipment Tuesday. He said there is no comparison in demand, at least in Portland, Oregon. The #1 trimmer is Stihl FS90.

I took it to work and played with it for a while. It is very quiet and seems powerful enough for commercial trimming with normal growth.

I hope this helps?

Comment

Make sure you run at least 89 octane and the Stihl Ultra 2-cycle oil.

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

I have been running Valvoline Multi-Purpose 2 cycle engine oil for years-am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
              X