Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I done did it...

Quote Originally Posted by roost-1 View Post
    I only have a coupla customers that use their irrigation. The city has made it too expensive, by doubling the sewer fee which is based on water consumption.
    They were giving it away before then. Sewer being double per thousand gallon units is probably a standard, much more expensive in older suburbs of long estblished fully urbanized cities.

The customer who had the 250 WB is ripe to need NETA-FIM, if you can do the math and the work to retrofit. He can have his cake and not pay caviar price for it.

GeeVee
    GEEVEE®, Pat.Pend. TM, UL

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

Customer said his July bill was $250.00.
    At that price it's time to have the city come in and run a separate meter for the irrigation system to save on sewer fees.

It would be nice if they would, but I highly doubt it.

It would be nice if they would, but I highly doubt it.
    You can here in Poverty, though it comes at a cost (several hundred last I knew) Not many do it...if I lived in the city it's the route I'd opt for. In the long run it saves money from paying those sewer fees if you irrigate heavily.

Way to go MasterMower. I have yet to do a job for someone other than family. But when I do, I'll make sure it's not a tough design. You are a true man.

I'm curious, which controller are you using?

Installed another system. With all the employees we have, I was the only one doing the irrigation install- just seems wrong. Even had to sleeve a 20' wide drive twice...quite an adventure. At site, we had retaining walls to build and stupid planting beds. We are under a ton of pressure to get it all done by the end of Thursday. Didn't get the go ahead on the gig until last Thursday. Freaking builders need to be smacked! We told this particular builder the only way we'll do business with him again is if we have a much larger window of time to get it all done. Building walls and installing an irrigation system at the same time doesn't work so well. Sod goes in tomorrow, and I'm the **** out of there to resume my fert apps.

I'm a believer of Hunter Pro-C controllers.

Hope the builder has the same sense of urgency to pay you guys as he was to have the work done.

Default That's about the only good thing about this job.

Quote Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
    Hope the builder has the same sense of urgency to pay you guys as he was to have the work done.
    Paid in full before all work began.

Default Been working out well.

Set to begin another install tomorrow. Same builder. This will be the third system we've installed for him this year - probably another one after this one as well. Builders are difficult to understand. Learn their ways and it's easier to work around them.

This system is 10 zones, largest installed to date. Lots of grades and odd shaped areas to deal with. Could be tricky locating the water line into the house. Good thing I'm no irrigation hack anymore. Gonna start to train a monkey or two of ours on irrigation install tomorrow as well. I can't do everything and be everywhere everyday.

With the damn heat, took a bit longer than anticipated, but it's done. Our grunts can now come in and sod the joint.

Heat index over 110* today. Nothing feels better than finishing up and firing up a system on a hot ass day.