New Website, Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website, Feedback

Hello, new here. Hoping to get further feedback on our new website.

Thanks

Outer Banks Landscaping

The short films are funny and make the point. I will need to surf the site when I have more time. :laughing:

Comment

The pages load real slow.

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
        The pages load real slow.
        There's this thing called broadband internet, both you and Steve-O need to get on board.

Loaded just fine for me, and that's with crummy azz ATT DSL @ 2.5 meg download. :alien::alien::alien:
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

I would suggest Using YSlow add-on from Firefox to test your site. It has a few components that could be optimized. Very easy fixes by changing some server settings. One example is "Compress components with gzip". You are getting an "F" according the YSlow.

Comment

Pages loaded fine here. Looks good to me. Direct and to the point!

Mike Carnahan
            http://carnahanlandscaping.com
            Mike Carnahan
            Carnahan Landscaping Inc.

Comment

Yes, the site loads fine for me too but I have high-speed internet and using the newest browsers. Unfortunately, not all your clients will have the latest and greatest computer and software. On top of that, Google now rates your page based on speed including mobile site access. We suggest optimizing the site as it is very easy to do.

Good Luck!
              Marvin Solano
              Houston Sprinkler System Repair

Comment

I Got Dial-up Here In Hooterville.......

Originally posted by Landscape-Houston View Post
                Yes, the site loads fine for me too but I have high-speed internet and using the newest browsers. Unfortunately, not all your clients will have the latest and greatest computer and software. On top of that, Google now rates your page based on speed including mobile site access. We suggest optimizing the site as it is very easy to do.

Good Luck!
                Marvin Solano
                Houston Sprinkler System Repair

what's this high speed and google sheot you refer to???????

steve-o
                "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Very nice site. Love the green color, especially the social network widgets. Pages loaded fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by steve-o View Post
                    what's this high speed and google sheot you refer to???????

steve-o
                    If you use the Chrome browser go to the following link:
                    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

If you use Firefox browser look for an extension called "YSlow"

Comment

Very good website. Clean lines and visitors get to see what's offered at a glance.

Comment

I Just Saw This One.......

Originally posted by Landscape-Houston View Post
                        If you use the Chrome browser go to the following link:
                        https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

If you use Firefox browser look for an extension called "YSlow"
                        thank you HOUSTON, but i was kinda being ME...........:laughing:

steve-o
                        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Re: New Website, Feedback

Beautiful site, and loads awesome! Keep it up bro!
                          Doug Bryan Owner/Operator
                          Ferti-Lawn llc - West Monroe LA. - Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Re: New Website, Feedback

Hey Tapupartforpres!
                            I have a done a ridiculous amount of research on this kind of stuff and here are a couple of notes I would pass along from getting my site built:

The site looks great, but you need to get people to take some sort of action once they get to the site, right? You want them to call you or fill out a form with their information I would assume. The problem is, the phone number is listed as the actual number so your customers can't click it to call it. You can fix this by making it a picture and adding a link to your phone number to the picture, then people will be able to click it to call you. The second note would be with the contact form, there should at least be one on the home page as well as on the contact page. This way people will be more likely to fill it out. The third and final note is that the site is not "mobile optimized". That means there is not a mobile version of the site for people looking at it on their cellphones. Search engines started looking at this very heavily last April, so it will effect your site's rankings on Google, Bing, etc. I have a site I had a buddy of mine build to my specifications for search engines and also for making people fill out the contact form or calling me when they get to the site. Take a look and you'll see what I'm talking about: www.jupiterlandscapedesigner.com I think he did a great job, and I'm getting a whole lot of leads from it. This guy works wonders, so give him a shout if you want. The link to his site is at the bottom of my site, hit him up if you have any questions!

Comment

Working...
                            X