Pressure or Other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure or Other?

Someone told me about how they "raised the pressure" of an irrigation system by decreasing pipe size.

They told me that an irrigation valve had low pressure because there was a very long run of 1" pipe. They reduced a length of it which they said "increased the pressure".

I'm thinking that they did not actually increase the pressure. They increased the velocity and decreased the gallon-age capacity of the pipe.

I'm thinking that the pressure itself did not change because I think the pressure would remain the same.

I'm not sure if the problem was consistent low flow through the heads or if it was very slow start-up time to get up to speed. Obviously though it was a very marginal situation.

Actually, if they increased the velocity they actually decreased the pressure down the line through friction loss.

Perhaps there was just not enough capacity to fully fill and pressurize the pipe.

Any thoughts?

Comment

You wouldn't get much volume, but more pressure by drop dawn the size of the pipe.
      Landscaping Killeen

Comment

Working...
      X