Exmark Radius S vs Husqvarna MZT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exmark Radius S vs Husqvarna MZT

I am looking at purchasing one of these two zero turns with a 52" deck. This is not for commercial use but I do mow 6 acres on a weekly basis. The Husq has the 3400 hydro trans while the Ex has the 3100. But the Ex has maintenance free spindles and easier access to the pulleys and belts which is nice. The Husq is about $1,000 less than the Ex and they both seem to get pretty good reviews. The land I mow has some rough areas and I'm not sure which mower would handle this better.

If anyone has experience with these two I'd sure like to hear about it.

Thanks

Bill S.

Re: Exmark Radius S vs Husqvarna MZT

If you can swing stepping up to the Radius X series you'll get the 3400 transmission and some nice other upgrades over the S series including a suspension seat, which would be nice if you have rough areas. I just bought a 52 inch Bob-Cat Fastcat Pro to replace my 2002 Exmark Lazer Z HP (which is about equivalent to the Radius) and I had the suspension seat added and am so glad I did. $250 well spent!

In general, I'd take an Exmark any day over a Husqvarna mower. Beautiful cut and hold their value well. I would urge you to consider to upgrade to a suspension seat no matter what mower you choose.

Comment

Thanks for the comment Darryl. I demo'd the Radius S last weekend. The dealer did not have an X model for demo so I didn't have that option. Anyway, I loved the cut and the mower in general. The only issue I had was that the steering levers were too short and kept hitting my knees. The dealer says Exmark makes longer levers for the Lazer Z but he checked and they are not compatible with the Radius series. I agree with upgrading to the X if I purchase the Exmark. I'll pull the trigger if I can figure out a way to get the levers mounted higher. Maybe there is an aftermarket extension kit.

Comment

There are usually multiple mounting holes for the levers on Z turns and it looks like there are on the Radius as well. Page 24, Figure 5, shows 3 mounting heights for the levers. https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/exm...38&vext=en@PDF. Were they all the way up and still too low? I had to raise mine all the way up on my Bob-Cat because they were too low and I couldn't get my foot on the deck lift.

Comment

Yes, they were all the way up. Hoping to find an aftermarket solution.

Comment

Originally posted by qandaappraisals View Post
            Yes, they were all the way up. Hoping to find an aftermarket solution.
            Hmm. And that's with the seat all the way back I take it? I'm 6'2" and a bit cramped on my small-framed Lazer Z HP but just have the levers all the way up, seat all the way back and usually rest my feet in front of the foot plate, not the foot plate itself.

You'd think they would have the Radius engineered to accommodate most users without the need to retrofit anything...

Comment

Working...
            X