sprayer on mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprayer on mower

I want to run a boom sprayer from my w/b. Has anyone ever done this? I figure I can strap about a 25 gallon tank to my mower deck, but I can't figure out a good boom placement. Maybe I'll have to harness it to me! Or I can just let it spray straight down, and I'll ride over it with my boots. Problem with this is spraying pesticides. Anyone who has done this let me know how this worked out. Was weight a problem, etc?

I keep seeing the tanks mounted behind the operator and above the motor. The tanks actually sit above the operators head. The booms are behind the rear wheels. Ill be watching this thread.
    mike
    SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
    Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
    www.lawnbook.com
    www.lawnservicing.com
    Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
    Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
    Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
    Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
    NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

Thanks for the interest, but aren't you talking about a ZTR and not a w/b? How could you mount the tank behin you on a w/b? I thought about pulling a trailer with my w/b and sitting on the tank, but the trailer wheels would have to be forward - haven't seen any ready-made trailers like this.

Comment

Ya my bad the w/b portion of your thread went right over my head. Im referring to a ztr. Im thinking that whole w/b rig your thinking about is a pretty bad idea. get us some pics if you get it to work. I can see the look on the EPA's face now.
        mike
        SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
        Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
        www.lawnbook.com
        www.lawnservicing.com
        Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
        Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
        Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
        Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
        NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

EPA, ShmeePA!!

Comment

The riding through the spray is a thing that I had a major problem with but these 2 machines are designed to do it. I have asked several contractors who use them about it and they say my concerns are unfounded.

http://www.z-spray.com/z-spray.html

http://ride-onspreader.com/ultra.htm

There are probably 20 of these machines in this market now with the lawns looking just fine. I have even considered an extended off one side boom to do round up along fence lines.

I would buy a tank with saddle straps and work from there. And just my own personal prejudice would be that a chemical applicator needs to be the one using it. At least we can read the label
            Tis easier to take someone with a good personality and teach them the skills they need, than it will be to take a skilled person and change their personality

Comment

I mounted one on a Wb before.

Had some problems with it.

Only can be used on flat ground, hard to turn, tires are so wet.

It was also a hydro.

Comment

Bill & LGF thanks for the input and the links. Why could you only go on clat ground? Did the tank move around too much?

Comment

The water moves in the tanks, on a WB it's hard to get the weight over the wheels.

I had a velke on it too, but I also tried walking behind it.

I tried it half full and 1/4 full still had problems.

I also mounted one on a ZTR with the boom in front, boy did that sucker have a hard time turning and stopping, moved the boom to the back, problem solved.

Comment

I have a Walker mower conversion that was an experimental. 50 gallon tank wusker wont climb up or walk a hillside over 15% slope. But you put that sucker into hard reverse and it will climb a sheer face. Well 30%. I will give you that it is kinda hard to do an even pass on those slopes though. I am kinda curious, has anyone used the JRCO spreader on a walk behind?
                    Tis easier to take someone with a good personality and teach them the skills they need, than it will be to take a skilled person and change their personality

Comment

Working...
                    X