Bar type vs. turf type tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar type vs. turf type tires

I've spent my fair share of time on my zd21 and zd28 Kubotas so far this year. I absolutely love them except for one thing, the inside tire always drags when turning. It is especially bad when turning up or down a hill. No, I'm not hot rodding either. I've tried everything and I really can't understand why they have this problem since Kubotas have a very wide wheel stance in back and of course the extra weight of the diesel engine.

I therefore think it is the tires alone. I've noticed that Dixie Choppers and a few other makes that I can't think of off the top of my head have bar (tractor) style tires. My question. Do they help?
    Do they leave impressions in soft or sodded lawns? Do they really tear the lawn on a ztr if taking really tight turns and piviting on one tire, worse than a turf type? I realize most of the skids that I'm making with my turf tires dissapear and repair themselves within a few days but in the meantime they look terrible and may scare off a potential long term customer. HELP me with your opinions. -Thanks Alot-

No One?

Comment

I can't help you ! , I'm poor and I can't afford a Kubota.
      Manny
      -----------------------------------------------
      Don't mess with me or I'll mow your grass.

Comment

Why do I never get any replies on my questions about Kubota? Is it jealousy that I'm driving the Cadillac of all ZTR's?

Comment

I've been wondering about the bar tread myself. Before, my Titan Multi Trac C/S tires seemed like they lacked a little bite when turning. They would rather drag/skid than catch enough to coast slightly in the proper direction.

I have since made several adjustments in air pressure. I'm at 7 PSI cold and the problem has cleared up although it comes back at times during the heat of the day. Hot tire = more pressure.

Maybe some Grasshopper outfront owners can help with our questions about the bar tread. Many of those came with bar treads as a stock tire.

BTW, I can't afford a Kubota either
          First of all you've got to ask yourself....
          Are you a Lawn Service or a Loan Service?

Comment

I had to replace my drive tires on my steiner this year and seriously considered a bar tire but did not buy them. Having come from a farm background, I was of the opinion that I would be just a hard on the turf when I turned and pivoted on the inside tire and I knew I would have almost no traction in reverse. Bar tires are very directional. I have been happy with a tires I put on.

Don't feel bad, no one uses a steiner either, but I do love the Kubota diesel engine in my steiner.

Joel
            Joel, the steiner guy

Comment

You are driving the Cadillac of all ZTR's, I look at some a while back and I love it, But the price of it drove me away!
              Manny
              -----------------------------------------------
              Don't mess with me or I'll mow your grass.

Comment

ZD28F Pro (72" deck) Striping kit?

Markloff

Do you know if an after market striping kit is available for the ZD28, or should I simply ensure that the front of the deck is 1/4" lower? My ZD28 is due to arrive next week.

Comment

Working...
                X