Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Washing Chemicals

Default reply

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has used oxy-clean or any of those oxygen cleaning powders for p-washing.They say on the back how to mix for deck cleaning & mildew removal. I have been using bleach for everything the only thing I have seen with bleach is that when you use it on sealed surfaces it eats threw the sealer and strips it off. This is why I was wondering about Oxy-clean since it is supposed to be so safe for cleaning I was wanting to know if it will clean the mildew and dirt but not hurt sealers on wood. I was also wondering if the cheap bleach is just as good as clorox. I just tried the Armoral EZ-Deckwash from Wal-mart $2.79 a gallon and it worked great on this very very bad mildewed new home that was not sealed. Tried bleach too but the Armoral worked alot better.G-Man did you have any luck with your $49.95 driveway special?

Thank You! A Affordable Lawn care & Pressure cleaning
    Thank-You!
    Donny & Cynthia Moore
    A Affordable Lawn care & Pressure cleaning

Default reply

Anybody ever use TSP? It's supposed to be some heavy duty stuff. I think it's mainly used for drive-thrus and dumpster pads. Just guessing.
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Hi im new to the forum & I wanted to know the brand of the chlorine & where should I buy it from. For the longest of time, i have just used simple green & bleach. Please notify me of the brand name that works really good and where I should buy. Thank you

go to your local swimming pool supplier, they should carry 10-12%. The stuff you get at the grocery store or wherever else is normally only 4-6%.

hi is this a liquid form or other form.... most places out here only sell 60% and higher...... just notifiy me of any place online that will sell this 10-12% thanks.

10-12% liquid sodium hypochlorite

I would have a hard time ordering liquid chlorine since it loses is potency fairly quick.

Question

Hi folks,

Wondered if anybody had had any problems using chlorine,like corroding spray gun or vinyl wood on houses.I seem to be killing the lawn around my house.Should it be watered down further.Currently I am placing syphon tube straight into the chlorine jug.

has anybody had problems using chlorine,corrosion of spray guns,equipment.

Default No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tappers View Post
    has anybody had problems using chlorine,corrosion of spray guns,equipment.
    Simple enough answer.......... No .....

No problems whatsoever........ I just always ran clean chemical free water through the pump and wand for a minute letting the unit flush itself out....

I always wash anything like the frame of the unit down to get any residue off because chlorine can be pretty corrosive to regular tin and metal so i just wash everything down....

If you carry Jugs or whatever containers of chlorine in the truck and it spills wash it out at the end of the day.....

Ive seen 2 yr old trucks all corroded that people hauled chlorine around in and were to lazy to wash.... Trucks are expensive compared to a wand or anything on the pressure washer so if i was going to worry about anything getting premature damage it would be the vehicle hauling the chemicals not the cheap pressure washer.....

Pressure wash the truck down daily after work with th PW and cold chemical free water or a little soap and i find the trucks last just fine ,plus your flushing the pump an extra few minuites after the innitial flushing before washing the vehicle....

I believe the ceramic parts used as pistons inside the typical PW pump are immume to chemical corrosion anyway because ceramic is naturally pre corroded to begin with.... Thats why they use ceramic , so that along with the use of stainless steel make corrosion a small factor in the life of a Pressure washer

JMO anyway....

Super-REV.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA (MY HOME SWEET HOME ) !!!!!

- ahum : Kawi piston at full speed just before crank wipes out and rod shoots threw block

Default Pressure Washing Chemicals

Here is some information and tips on pressure washing chemicals