Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Washing Chemicals

Default Power Washing Chemicals

Hey guys/ladies.

What chemicals do I need to get for pressure washing.
    House Exterior:
    Vinyl:
    Brick:
    Asbestos Siding:

Drive/Walk Ways:

Roofs:

Any thing else you can think of and where do you get the chems.

E.Cole

Default reply

Perfect Gary.
    Now you use bleach for pretty much everything, is that right. I have been told use chlorine, since it cleans the same but is generally more potent but no discoloring problems like you could encounter with bleach.

E.Cole

Default reply

Hello Everybody:

I've used Bleach & Chlorine both. Never had a Problem & It's Because...

I Allways wet all my Surfaces first with just plain water, yes including my bushes or anything else that I think will get hit with the Spray & Over Spray. I Never let it dry either.

Then I apply my Chemicals Always starting at the bottom going upwards in a Left to Right Motion.

Then I Power wash Starting at the Top going down. When Completely Finished Washing Surface I then go back & Rinse & Rinse with just water. Yes the Rinse & Rinse off the Bushes T00!

I Never Ever had a Problem with Discoloration or any Bushes Dying on me or even getting a Little Damaged!

Default reply

Thanks fellas.

E.Cole

Default reply

Gang,

How do you charge. I know a round about on how much you charge, but how do you charge. By the sq.ft. or what. I don't know how long it takes me to clean because I am yet to do it.

E.Cole

Default reply

Gary, Thank you, no one else responded on this in several days. I needed to know this before I get started. I am going to do my advertising soon.

E.Cole

Default reply

COLE, buy chlorine.
    chlorine is basically the same as bleach but 4 times stronger!
    I buy 2.5 gallons of chlorine at the local pool supply for $2.00 that 2.5 gallons will make 10 gallons of "bleach", a gallon of bleach in the grocery store costs about a $1.39 x the 10 gallons you would need to = 1 2.5 of chlorine is $14.00. Which would you rather buy to get the same results? I use a 5:1 chemical injector to apply the chemical, I put the injector hose directly in the chlorine jug.
    I usually do 6-8 jobs a day and have never had a problem with discoloration or streaking or killing plants or grass. During a full day i will use 10 jugs of 2.5 gallons of chlorine, if i was using bleach this would cost me $140.00 a day and I would not be able to carry that many gallons with me. The chlorine costs me about $20.00.
    I charge the following: whole house consisting of exterior, pool deck and enclosure, 2 car dw/sw - $185.00 it takes two of us about 1.5 - 2hrs. We price right at $50.00 per hour per person.
    house - 75.00 up to 2500sf living 1 - 1.5 hrs one person
    roof - 200.00 less than 1500sf living
    250.00 1500 - 2300
    275.00 2300 - 3000
    300.00 3000 - 3500 will take one person about 4 hrs. with surface cleaner.
    pool deck and enclosure - 75.00 - 85.00 single story, double that for 2 story. 1.5 hrs single story
    dw/sw - 45.00 2 car, +5.00 cornor lot, +10.00 3 car. 40m 1 person 2 car.
    Chlorine works faster so you can also.

Default reply

Bubba I thank you as well for all the info. I can get chlorine cheap too. I was going to use it any way. While the active ingredient in bleach is chlorine. You chlorine doesn't discolor like bleach. And bleach will discolor, did a test this past weekend.

Default reply

Gary or anyone for that matter. Gary recommends anyone going into p/w biz needs to subscribe to Cleaner Times Magazine. www.cleanertimes.com Has anyone else used this. Either way I am subscribing. Also, have any of you ordered any of the manuals or videos on the site. Seem to be kinda pricey but look to be good info.

Default reply

hello everyone, i;m a new guy to the site and i hope i can clear up a little confusuion on the chlorine bleach. bleach is 51/4%chlorine, so the chlorine i think you are refering to is in the 21/2 gal jug witch is pool chlorine and that is 10%chlorine. if you mix pool chlorine 50 50 with water you will have blaech strength chlorine. the discoloration talked about may be due to the stablizers in the bleach that give it a shelf life. chlorine does'nt have a stable shelf life and loses it's strength rather quickly. don't know about presser washing costs, hope i have been of some help. stay dry lol.