Weed Eater String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weed Eater String

Is there any particular brand of string anybody is using that is better than the standard Stihl or Shindaiwa string that comes on a roll from your local dealer? Thanks

Lesco Square Line.

Comment

i've been buying weedeater brand string from wal-mart because it is half the price.
      Ferguson Lawn Care

Comment

keeping the budget low and just buy what's the less. Just bought two 5# rolls for 9.50 each. Bought more but all they had. At that price I could care less what brand it is. And it sure beats $30.00 for a 5# roll of anyone else's string.
        I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
        Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
        trial here.

============================

Member of the Year 2005®
        *.--*- .-^ -.*-. -.-* -..* .-.^-.- ..* ... .-* .--- .*- -.-. -.-^ .- ... ...*

Comment

My guys use shakespear .095 diamond cut usually but since i let them make purchases on my account they have some echo .095 on the trucks also. Rumor has it the echo stuff is lighter and allows for more Rs. ???
          mike
          SENIOR MODERATOR LSF COMMUNITY CONTROL CORDINATOR
          Have a Nice Day, from the Lawn Service Forum S.A.S.M
          www.lawnbook.com
          www.lawnservicing.com
          Click Here: For Lawn Care Business Kit
          Click Here: For FREE Marketing "Mini-Course"
          Please ask questions about the business here, I'm unable to answer them 1 on 1.
          Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Make this Forum Possible!
          NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE LSF IN 5.0 !!! JUST PM GRASSMASTER TO GET YOURS TODAY!!

""POYMIT"

ATTRITION :alien:

Comment

I buy whatever is on sale at Wal-Mart. We use 0.95 diameter string. String you buy at the dealer is too expensive. Not an item I put too much thought into!

Comment

I think string should be a very high consideration. After all, it IS what does the trimming, edging( in my case and others), and puts the final touches on your yards. Cheap string is just that: CHEAP. If you save ten bucks, but have to restring the trimmer twice or three times a day because it wears so fast, or have to take it apart and un-weld it because it can't take the heat, then you've already lost the money you were trying to save in the first place. This is how I look at MOST things, equipment, computers, cars, etc.; it is ONLY as good as it's weakest part. I have found what I consider a perfect medium, called Diamond Edgeâ„¢ trimmer line, I believe it has 5 or 7 edges, and is very tough, inexpensive, and lasts very well. I am currently using Gator brand, but I don't like it as much, although I did buy the round against my better judgement, and I will try the edged Gator string before I make my final decision. But for the price/quality, Diamond Edge is hard to beat.

~Nest
              '05 GMC 2500HD
              '02 GMC 2500HD
              '01 Silverado 1500
              Garage full of stuff

Comment

Ive never used the Diamond Edge, who makes it? I use the titanium Husqvarna line (.105) or currently I am using a spool of gator line (sqaure .95), gator line is good stuff. You will string 5 times with the cheap stuff b4 you have to string once with the Gator line, or even the Husqvarna line.

Comment

Hello Everybody:

I agree with ElephantNest about the Better Line the Square line.

Which has a lot more mass to it? The .095 Round or .095 Square. You will find out the Square has far more mass to it.

Also the Square has 4 sharp cutting edges, when cutting with round it's like cutting with a dull blade!

When I switched from Round to Square line, it was like my Trimmer had more power.

Of course I'm a Homeowner now, not a Commercial Cutter anymore & I use nothing but Echo Crossfire Trimmer Line!

Do this if you want to test any of it real quick, take your different lines & run the tips of it against a Concrete Block or a Corner of a Brick Wall & see which wears out first.

I've never seen a Decent Quality Trimmer Line in a White or Clear Color Yet!

There is always a reason it cost more no matter what it is! Because they can't get away with overpricing very long if it isn't Good & Quality always comes at a Much Higher Price!
                  GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
                  LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
                  www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Agrees. BTW, Gator has a clear line.
                    '05 GMC 2500HD
                    '02 GMC 2500HD
                    '01 Silverado 1500
                    Garage full of stuff

Comment

Like I said, Lesco GREEN Square Line But I Think They Changed It To Red, I Will Let You Know Friday Night All This Talk About Trimmer Line Now I Need To get Some More.
                      Sir Turf Tracer.

Comment

Hello Everybody:

I read an article a few years back about trimmer line & at that time they said that the White & Clear line wasn't any good, from all the ones I used I couldn't agree more at that time. It Looks like I'm out of date & stand to be corrected?

Does anybody have a Link to the Gator Line web site?

I'm thinking a while back I tried to find it on the search engines & I couldn't? I will L@@K again! Got a Link?
                        GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
                        LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
                        www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElephantNest
                          So your stating that Gator line is not good?

Comment

No, I like it, I can just tell that round isn't for me. But, even the round lasts longer than my usual string. So I think the square, or edged gator will be much better. Also, I've hear Sufix line is even better than the gator, but haven't tried it yet. I think this website http://www.rpm-co.com/product_13.htm has some available, just wasn't sure if this was the correct stuff or not, having never seen it. If anyone tries it before me, please advise on the results.

As for the gator line, it seems like even though it is priced slightly higher, it is a better bargain than most.

~Nest
                            '05 GMC 2500HD
                            '02 GMC 2500HD
                            '01 Silverado 1500
                            Garage full of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ElephantNest

As for the gator line, it seems like even though it is priced slightly higher, it is a better bargain than most.

~Nest
                              Its a couple bucks cheaper than Husqvarna titanium line. Where I get my line anyway. I just bought a 3# spool for 24.99 (square Gatorline).

Comment

Working...
                              X