Snow Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Removal

Hey eveyone, just want to know if anyone really knew a good rate for snow removal. Do you guys charge hourly or by the job. I live in the Maryland area.

Thanks

S&M Lawncare
    "A Full Service Landscaping Company"

20'x50' is average driveway in my area.. I gave $20 quotes for that size, per push.. Don't go lower than $12... My best paying job so far is an apartment complex ($395 per push). You can charge hourly, but most jobs won't take you that long so its harder to do..
    Steve
    Quality Lawn Care & Landscape Management
    www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

You don't mention what equipment you are using, but snow removal costs vary greatly from situation to situation. Many times you can "stack" on site, so you may only need loaders to remove the snow to those locations. Other sites may have a place to stack, but it may be very far from where the snow needs to removed from, so it is not efficient to just use loaders. In those cases you will need dump trucks to get the snow to the location where snow is to be moved. Some sites don't have room there so you will have to have a site available for the dump trucks to take the snow. So your rates will have to reflect the time that the loaders are working, the time they may be sitting & waiting for the next empty dump truck, and the time that the dump trucks are being used including travel time to the dump sites. Generally each piece of equipment will have its own hourly rate, based on their costs and size. Its hard to quote removal prices other than hourly because each pile of snow can have different weights based on their moisture content & how compacted they are, so removal is usually quoted with hourly pricing.

If you are talking about snow plowing, this also varies greatly from market to market. Generally contractors are earning between $100.00 - $150.00\hour per plow truck (7'-8') and may be paying their subs $50.00 - $80.00\hour for those size trucks. Many areas are higher & lower than these rates though, so you might want to talk to some local contractors. So if you were going for the $150.00\hour and you've got 6 driveways on a street that you can get done in an hour, you'd price them at $25.00 each per push. If you have a commercial lot that takes an hour to push, you'd charge them the $150.00 per push.
      BRL

Comment

How can a 16 yr. old run a plow truck & have the insurance necessary to do an apt. complex?

Comment

Zack,

Until I get the plow on my truck, I'm subbing the plowing to my friend (LCO).. I ride with him and do the salting while he's plowing.. I will do the plowing when I get my license.. I have insurance now, so thats not a problem...
          Steve
          Quality Lawn Care & Landscape Management
          www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

Rate guidelines for snow plowing:

Residential-
            15'x50' =$15
            20'x50' =$20
            25'x75' =$30
            50'x50' =$30
            50'x100'=$45
            or $120 per hour