Power Washing Houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Washing Houses

For you guys power washing houses; I have a couple of questions.

One, what basic equipment are you using to get started? Do you carry your own water? If so, how many gallons is you tank holding? Any extra attachment? If you dont carry your own water do you charge less to use the customers or is that a big no-no?

Second, how thorough are you washing these houses? Example, on the sunny side of my house there are these little black spots that are a real b*%&h to get off even with a power washer. Unless I make really shoot a hard stream these spots dont come off. The spots are so small you have to look at them up close. Are you mainly washing dirt, cobwebs, etc off the house? I saw what some of the guys are charging for cleaning a one story house (like mine) and I know it takes almost eight hours to clean my own. Is this normal.

I have an electric power washer rated at 1300psi.

Thanks for anything you can offer.
    If you dont have time to do it right the first time, how are you going to have time to do it the second time?

Welcome to the Lawn Service Forum Community, sdhen!

I started out with a 11HP B&S with 2,500PSI & 3.5GPM Pressure Washer, I think it was a Good Sized Unit to Start With.

I did not have a Tank to carry my Water. If I had gotten into it more, I would have got a Trailer with Tank! I used their Water, I used all my Hoses.

I had my Rig mounted on the back of my Truck with Large 15 gal tank for Bleach. I arranged it where I could Park my truck near the Water Source & Used my Hoses....

I had over 200 ft of hose, the Reason being I did not want to unload my Washer & in Most cases I could go around House both ways & Reach Everything!

A 1 story House 1,200 to 1,500 sq.ft. with Proper Setup like I mentioned above You should easily be able to wash it in 2 to 2.5 hours Max. I charged around $150. If Brick House, I would Charge $100 to $125 in most cases. I included the Steps & Small Porches, if they had large patios or wanted their Driveways & etc. Washed I charged Extra for it!

You need at Least 2,500PSI & 3.5GPM, or you will be on the Job a Long time.

If I was to do it again, I would Opt for a 13HP Honda, 4,000PSI & 4.0GPM. That's a Lot of Power, but with a little Practice it would Really Reduce Time on the Job!

Get one of them Roto Nozzles & one of them Push Surface Washers (Looks Like a Push Mower), you can make Good Money Cleaning Drives & Parking Areas!

Think about it, all your Drive Throughs at all these Commercial Places need to be Cleaned Regular, Resturants, Eating Places, Banks, Parking Areas & Etc.

Do some Searches on "Pressure Washing" "Power Washing" You should Find some Good Info!
    GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
    LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
    www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Grass Master

How much would you charge for and average driveway to be done.

Comment

Working...
      X