sprayer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprayer???

I bought a sprayer and it does not work, need some info please. It is a continental belton. It has a split 200 gal fiberglass tank, 100 gal per side. It came with reel, hose, tank, pump, guns all on the steel skid, but there is no motor. The guy said there was a 3hp briggs on it. Here is the pump, is this pump ok for fert & herb.? Do you know if it is diaphram or not? Do I just need a motor or do i need gear reduction? Thanks

pump

mx495

That pump is 8 gpm at 540 rpm. You need to slow down your engine speed before turning the pump. Pulley belts would be the way to go. Gear reducers are expensive and can not be changed easy.

Roller pumps like this one are low pressure high volume which is what you need to spray with. However they wear out quick if you spray a lot of fert or fungus. Diaphragm pumps are best for heavy material like fert & fungus.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Thanks Ric, what wears out considering they have brass seals?

Comment

mx495

Fungicide and Fertilizer are very abrasive kind of like sand. Roller bearing pump are just that Stainless steel ball bearings rolling inside a brass housing. Abrasive material will grind them away. The pump then get tired and doesn't put out like it did when it was new.

Roller bearing pumps are in-expensive compared to Diaphragm pumps and will need replaced more often. Diaphragm and check valves in Diaphragm pumps can be changed and general are on most pesticide pumps a minim of once a year maybe more often depending on the material pumped.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X