snow blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow blowing

What would be the best way to charge for snow blowing? Also im just getting started I did flyers in fall and did pick up afew jobs and went door to door for roofs and gutters worked ok but not as well as i had hoped. For snow removel should I put more flyers out or wait tell it snows. This forum is great have found alot of usefull info.

Thank You
    D and D Lawn Care

What size areas are you looking for prices for? I can help but I need some specifics.. You should try to get about $100-$125 per hour.
    Steve
    Quality Lawn Care & Landscape Management
    www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

$120-$200 per hr. is about right with blowers depending on density. We do all res. drives with single stage blowers & can knock off about 6-10 in an hr. at $20-$25 per.

Comment

Zack,

I don't know where you live, but in NY there is so much competition, over $130 an hour is only when running large loaders.. No blowers or plowers can get $130+, but part of that is because when we get snow, WE GET SNOW.. It makes travel real difficult, so not as many jobs can be done in an hour.
        Steve
        www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

No travel. Park & you're there for a couple hrs.

Subdivisions & densly pop. res. neighbourhoods. Travel time kills, especially when doing snow.

Comment

Should i advertise now or go door to door when it snows.

Comment

I am right with Quality on this one....about $100-$120 an hour. Just had a snow storm last week and averaged $101 an hour exactly.

Comment

The best way to handle snow IMHO is to first figure out what your average yearly snowfall accumulations are. Then I would devise a pricing structure based on services rendered every 2” and every 3”. Now you take those figures, multiply by what you would charge to clear the property, and divide it up over say 4 months.

Lets say you average 100 inches of snow per season and wish to charge $20 per occurrence:
                At a 2” minimum you would have 50 events x $20/occurrence = 1000.00 season. At 1000.00 per season / 4 mos = 250.00 per month.
                At a 3” minimum you would have 34 events x $20/occurrence = 680.00 season. At 680.00 per season / 4 mos = 170.00 per month.

You should also have a clause in your agreement which states any plowing above and beyond xxx number of inches will done on a per push basis at so many dollars per occurrence. Salt/sand is additional above and beyond contract specs, and is also billed per occurrence. Loading and hauling of snow if necessary should be implied as an hrly rate for whatever your areas getting.

Another thing to consider is that clients wishing preference during storms should pay more for their services because of travel inconveniences.

Just my .02

Comment

G-man,

Actually, If you ask most New Yorkers including KutNKru who lives about 250 miles away from me, we don't mind the snow, we just don't like the cold air that comes with it, 20's and 30's aren't bad but it gets really cold (up to -10) here at night sometimes, and thats way to cold..
                  Steve
                  www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

Lol, good stories! Sorry about your mom.

Happy Winter! Its here...
                    Steve
                    www.qualitylawncare.biz

Comment

Great story about the dog.... [8D]

Quality Is Good

Comment

Working...
                      X