Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tree removal

Hey guys,
    I just put magnets on my truck getting ready for the season.
    Have been getting calls on tree removal. I have no idea how to remove trees and what to charge.
    besides using a chain saw how to you get big ass trees out of a yard. thanks
    jeremy

Unless you have the experance to drop large trees and most of all the right insurance for it I would stay away from large trees. Or maybe take the ones where if they fall wrong it would not hurt anything or anyone. but depending on how big they are you just limb them and drop them. once you have it down you can decide if you want to remove the stump or just get a stump grinder and gring them down about 12" into the ground.

Comment

if you have no idea how to remove a tree , let us know when your are going to do your first big oak tree that is hanging over a neighbors house so we can come and watch. I don't want to miss this. i'll sell the tickets and popcorn.

ps

at least take a camera so we can see it

Comment

Most States (probably all States) require you to be licenced!

Don't mess with it........try subbing it out to a LICENSED TREE REMOVAL company.....and maybe develop a "partnership" with them where they refer Lawn Care and Landscaping work to you and you refer Tree Services to them.

Comment

By the way........I just realized you are in Maryland......and I KNOW you need to be licensed to do tree removal.

Comment

Downing large trees is very dangerous if you don't know what your doing. (It's dangerous if you do know what your doing) Propery damage is one thing, but you could get killed or kill someone else. Leave it to the pros.
            J fisher

Comment

What everyone said !

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

http://www.natlarb.com

Comment

Have been getting calls on tree removal. I have no idea how to remove trees and what to charge.
                  besides using a chain saw how to you get big ass trees out of a yard. thanks.

The insurance you need with trees will be high, you may not find
                  someone to insure you with your lack of knowledge.

You remove large trees with tree companies that are insured
                  maybe you need someone, that will pay you a finders fee
                  Good Luck !
                  Norm
                  ISA Certified Arborist
                  Va.Certified Horticulturist
                  John 3:16

Comment

Leave it to the pro's. I used to be a climber, and I've been in a lot of tree's. If you're doing anything near homes, power, other trees, or even just someone who cares what their yard looks like then there is a lot more rigging involved then you would ever imagine. Take the time to watch an experienced 2 or 3 man crew sometime, you'll realize you would have looked silly trying to do their job. It will probably take them 1/100th the time it would take one inexperienced guy. If you think people rag on the scrubs with mowing, you should see em' in the trees.....

Comment

Working...
                    X