Paying for Leads???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for Leads???

Anyone ever tried a company called www.servicemagic.com I was wondering what everyone thinks about this. it looks like they charge about $12.00 per lead. Not sure if its worth it but anything that brings in business should be considered. Whats all your thought's?

12.00 per lead? I don't think so. Where would these "leads" come from? They could bombard you with dead ends. Now, 12.00 per signed customer I could deal with.
    J fisher

Comment

Well you only pay for good leads, not dead ends. Another words from what I know from speaking with them is if they give you a false lead then you do not pay. for example if you call on some one and they have no idea what you are talking about?

They have a website that people would go to and tell them things about what they are looking for. you them search your area for leads submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Creativeland

They have a website that people would go to and tell them things about what they are looking for. you them search your area for leads submitted.
        So you choose the leads that your willing to pay for??
        J fisher

Comment

Maybe but I think they automatically send them to you. thru e-mail or fax

Comment

Work YOUR market and target YOUR areas. They may give you a good lead...................100 miles away!
            Jeeps are like women.....much more fun with their TOPS OFF!

A society that rewards based on need creates needy citizens. A society that rewards based on ability creates able ones.

Do you guys think Obama is going to kiss us after he is done with us or is he going to put on his belt and head out the door?

Comment

we use service magic and get alot of good work out of it. You only pick area codes in your area and they send the leads from there to yo. We spent $300.00 total in 2003 and sold $30,000.00 in work. you get to see what the cuostmer wants to do and all you pay for is their name. thats alot cheaper than most paper ads.
              "Lawnscapes Unlimited"
              Landscaping, Lawn Service & Irrigation LI#9239

Comment

www.contractors.com is a similar type of company. Annual fee of I think $300.00 or something, then $6.00 a lead.
                '05 GMC 2500HD
                '02 GMC 2500HD
                '01 Silverado 1500
                Garage full of stuff

Comment

we got involved with service magic some time back. Cost us $99 to become a member. They would email us leads, if we accepted the lead they charged us $10. They also only send you leads for the zip codes you furnish them, so your not gonna get a lead for something 100 miles away unless you give them that zip code.

Problem we had....they were sending us leads for work we do not perform. Now, because we did not accept those leads it didnt cost anything, but it was very aggrivating have to read thru the emails. We called them on 3 different occasions to make sure they had our 'catagory' right. Once they even called me and asked why we havnt accept any of their leads.

Now heres the funny part, some homeowners called us directly, after servicemagic refered them to us. So we actually picked up a couple of lawns for free.

Anyway, we cancelled their service due to them continually sending us leads for work we dont perform. We were only with them maybe half a season and in that time they sent us only a hand full of leads for work we do perform (we are fert/pesticide only). Seems like from the amount of landscape design/build leads we got it could be valuable for some as in knighton's case.

Comment

Working...
                  X