how to level ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to level ground

I want to lay sod at my own house to get the feel for the landscaping part. If I put in fill dirt to level the groung, how do I make sure it is actually level? I don't want the grass looking lumpy or hilly if you know what I mean. Thank You!
    Jason

Couldn't you get ahold of a drum that you can fill w/ water and roll it over the ground... or do you need a garden tractor for something like that?? I dunno... not landscaping yet.

Comment

I don't have any idea. Ha-Ha. I will use my head and do it one way, then, see a thread on the right way to do it. Then having to start over.

Comment

Yeah I know. You think you've got it all together, just to turn around to find a way to do it more efficiently & without actually breaking your back... go figure. That's what makes life fun though... Knowing there's always a way to learn how to better yourself.

Comment

Dosen't get any easier.
          Glenmac
          -Rich

Ron Howard: Is that... vodka... and wheat grass?
          Homer: It's called a "lawnmower". I invented it. Want one?

Comment

1Chavez,
            Where do you travel Jan-Feb?

Comment

got my pilot's licence one winter in Fla.
              California (San D, San Fran)
              A LOT of time in New York
              Costa Rica
              Grand Cayman
              Road trips with Acquiesce
              Skiing in VT
              ..... any where
              I've been to Aruba, Bonaire, St.Thomas, St. Croix, Cancun and spent a month in Germany. I never really plan where to go until last minuit, but I want to try to get to London (I have two friends there now) and do some diving around Turks and Caicos.
              -Rich

Comment

got my pilot's licence one winter in Fla.
                Glad to know there's a fellow pilot on the lawn forum!

Do you own an aircraft?

So far I've just been renting, but I have plans of ownership in the future... MUCH more convenient!

Comment

I don't own yet but come time I have a great in at the local airport (21N) (guess who did the owner's landscape and maintains the place?) I've been looking but not putting much effort into it yet. Maybe I'll stick around this winter (not likely though) and find a plane. Right now I'd be happy with a single seat just to have any time I want to fly. Soon.
                  -Rich

Comment

Travelin' Foo' you are!!

1Chavez,

Ahhh... so that's what your avatar stood for. I was always trying to figure that one out. I clicked on the link to their site. What style of music is it, bluesy-rock?? I kinda like their sound, the lyrics are catchy, nicely blended. Honestly, I've never heard of them. Ha ha, seems like I'm always expanding my muscial horizons. That's awesome you get to ride along w/them. How are you associated with them?

Wow, a pilots license! That's quite a feat. I don't think I'd ever be licensed to fly solo because of my diabetes. Would you be able to confirm my conception of that thought? I really love flying too... I'd hate to be unable to take it up as a pasttime later on in life. Oh well, maybe it's for the best.

Well, you've been to many places. I've only been to a few places in the continental U.S. basically west of Kansas... seems I've got some travelling to do... LOL! For the future what would you reccomend as a unique honeymoon location?

Comment

Stuck in 172's

[QUOTE=1Chavez]I don't own yet but come time I have a great in at the local airport (21N) (guess who did the owner's landscape and maintains the place?)
                      I've been renting from my local FBO and have become pretty good friends with the Owner. Never thought to trade out lawn care for rental time. My IP is buying a twin so guess I will have to get my multi now. Thanks for the idea.
                      Tim
                      A Cut Above Lawn Care Service
                      "A cut above says it all"

Comment

Tulsa Lawn Guy, and 1Chavez:

If you are looking into an aircraft, I highly recommend the AviaBellanca Skyrocket 3.

http://www.aviabellanca.com/

While I am personally awaiting final aircraft development with the Walter M601E Turboprop (720 SHP), my uncle does own one with the Continental GTSIO-520F engine (435 HP). I have a feeling that the turboprop will surpass the 400 knot mark, but the GTSIO-520F does quite well. Full fuel, it has a range of 2,300 statute miles (with 45 min. reserve) cruising at 26,000 feet, 65% power, 273 knots (314 miles per hour).

The coefficient of drag on this aircraft is nothing less than phenomenal. Ohio State University and the NASA Lewis Research Center (now NASA Glenn, located at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport), along with the US Navy have conducted tests on it in laminar flow.

An amazing craft. Save your pennies boys! Me, I want a turboprop version.

Woody
                        Woody

"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty." ---Benjamin Franklin

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." ---Abraham Lincoln

Comment

level

backdrag with bucket of bobcat/tractor, string line, stakes, lazer eye, m. tape, etc.

You could really make a mess if you have never done this, have somebody with some experience work with ya. You will pick it up really quick.

remember too, perfect isn't natural.

Comment

Thank you for all the help.
                            Jason

Comment

Working...
                            X