RE GrassMaster's Thread in the Free Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE GrassMaster's Thread in the Free Section

For those of you who haven't been in the "Free--For you and your business" section, GrassMaster has posted an excellent article entiled "Work Smarter, Not Harder" and "Rocket Science". These gems are under the title "Keeping the rising cost of business to a minimum". Check it out.

Back in 1990, my guys were pestering us to provide a coffee machine and coffee. My wife said noway, and we grumbbled about the lost wages for 3 to five guys stopping for coffee. The wife didn't want to spend the money supplying the coffee because of the "expense" to the business. She changed her tune after we ran the numbers showing the "expense" of providing the stuff was much less than the Expense of lost wages.

2 years ago I started getting the gas for 3 trucks and machines. I don't have to pay myself for the time and it saved me alot of money. When I had my work accident in December, one guy took that job on. I realized the need to have the wife and I take it back when a couple weeks ago I had 3 employees at the gas station filling up. The combined wages lost with taxes was about $30-$40, and the tank of gas was about $50. Yea, it's definitely not rocket science to figure that one out.

GrassMaster gives great examples of how to trim the bottom line. Even if its just YOU in the company, look for the waste and enefficiencies in your operation.

Rising gas prices will be with us every year. I read they will go up at least 23% per year and come down to a dime above the last low when the human cry of foul goes up; and then continue upward. There is a point where we can and have to suck it up, but when all other costs continue to rise, our own prices have to continue up. There is a certain point in every business where we risk pricing ourselves out of the marketplace and there is a limit. Just like the price of a pizza. But I'll pay more for an excellent pizza because the quality is better than the fast delivery kind!!

Thanks GM for your insights.

Money is Work Divided by Time!

You are Welcome Sir!

There's many things you can do to trim the Fat, most I didn't notice until I quit working & started running the business!

Remember, when you're with them & working... You are part of the Fat. But...

If you follow in another vehicle, it's like watching a TV show & then you become the Critic!

Which is more important... Money or Time? What difference does it make?

Money is Work Divided by Time!
    We are in the Business of Selling Time!
    Our Time must be Accounted for & we must get PAID for it!
    GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
    LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
    www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Working...
    X