Wash windows exterior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash windows exterior

Anybody been asked to wash windows? I have an 84 year old lady who wants her windows washed. She has storm windows also. 13 windows, single story house. I would have to take storm windows off, wash windows underneath, put storms back on (wash storms as well) I'm figuring me and 1 worker. 20 minutes per window. Bid of $150 total materials and labor. Thoughts? Thanks.

Average going rate is $6.00 per window, $3.00 additional for the storm window. Offer this to all your customers ... average return per production hour doing windows is around $45.00 here in Northeast.

Comment

Thanks for your response Phil, but I'm glad I got it too late or I would have really been screwed. Your rate would have put it at $117 for the job. I priced it at $150 and still lost. Turned out that all the storm windows had been caulked in for weatherproofing and they had to be cut out and were a PITA! Ended up taking twice as long as I thought. But, she wants me to put up a screen door next week, so maybe I can make it up. Thanks again.

Comment

Maybe you could make that loss up by recaulking them ,or if shes a regular, and you might be doing them again, use an adhesive weatherstripping on them.

Comment

No windows, but I did a lightbulb install once.
          Put me out of service.

Comment

Working...
          X