need help starting a landscaping business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help starting a landscaping business

I am intereseted in starting my own business in new jersey. I am new at this and do not know where to start. How do you determine quotes for different services? When doing a client's grass, is edging and weed whacking included in the same price with the cutting of the grass or are they all separate? What kind of equipment do you suggest using - brands, etc? Do you think an open trailer or an enclosed trailer is better? How do I go about getting a pestisides license so I can fertilize? How do you get a tax ID?

If you have any other tips about starting up, please let me know. Any information I get would be helpful!

First, word of advice do get in over your head, buy only what you think you will need or use. Second, when buying equiptment buy dependable equiptment like lawnboy 21'' push mowers. Don't just buy equiptment because it is cheap. buy what you can afford. make sure you get quality equiptment. Third, when you mow propwerties do a good job, word of mouth is the best advertisement.
    Justin Anderson
    Anderson Lawn Care
    Professional Lawn Care & Landscaping

Comment

Welcome to the land of opportunity ... everybody is pretty busy right now ... try the search feature.

Comment

Working...
      X