Help w/ quote for gutter cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/ quote for gutter cleaning

Hey, we're newbies and need help on figuring price for gutter cleaning. The complex is a 2 story apartment building but there's 8 buildings with gutters that need cleaning front and back. We have absolutely no clue what to charge for that. The building is roughly 50 ft. long.

For residential, I charge $1 per foot of gutter. I'd want that for commercial as well.

Comment

Bikehigh...around here they are charging about half that for a one story house. I do know a couple of different people who do this. I've got a couple of houses to do this fall as part of regular maintance. I haven't priced this out yet, so good timing on the post.
      I'm trying to be somebody...I'm not trying to be somebody else

Ferris IS1500
      Quick 36 Walk Behind
      Redmax EBZ8000 Blower
      Echo PB403 Blower
      Stihl FS80R Trimmer
      Stihl Blower/Vac SH85
      Tanaka TPE-270PN Edger
      Tanaka THT-210S Hedge Trimmer
      Toro 21" w/ Suzuki

Comment

I have done this on numorous house commerical and non. I usually charge anywhere for 1.00 for 10-30ft then 1.25 for ^30ft

Comment

Everybody is pretty much in line with these prices...

from what I've read posted in the past!

$1 per linear foot on single story
          $2 per linear foot on 2 story

A few things to keep in mind, get a ladder & look at those gutters if you have any doubts before pricing.

On my shop the gutters are over twice as big as most gutters & the idiot that put them up also added a piece riveted metal in place that the top opening of the gutter is about 2 inches wide & if it gets very full of debris it's a very slow & painful process cleaning them out!

Make sure if you are standing on Shingle roofs that they are not brittle, because you will be breaking the shingles as you walk.

If it's a old time Slate Roof, I suggest you stay off of it, unless you know what you are doing & also charge at least double or more because one slip up & you've busted some Slate Shingles and all your profit & then some has went down the drain! Just try to find folks that put up slate roofs & if you are lucky enough to find one then find out how much they charge to repair just 1 busted shingle.
          GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
          LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
          www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

How Best to Clean Gutters

Best method????

Blow gutters out with backpack blower and then pick up debris from ground........is that the way to go?

Comment

MGO,

I do offer the gutter cleaning service...works well during the spring and fall for quick cash...I usually charge $.75 a lnft for cleaning of the gutters and blowing out the downspouts.

I would not recommend blowing out the gutters. I put on a pair of gloves and manually pull everything out of the gutters and put it in a bucket and hand it down to my employee on the ground who dumps it into a trash can. Can you imagine using a blower and blowing wet crap all over the shingles and the siding!!!Man, I sure wouldn't want you on my house....Remember, you are trying to be clean and professional, even though you are jsut cleaning gutters...

Another note, becareful what time of the day you clean the gutters. If you go up on the roof later in the day, the shingles could be hot and you may end up "scaring" the tiles and then the customer will be pissed. Best to do your cleaning early in the day.

Make sure you have the proper insurance too.....
              Andy

Comment

Aproct........Thanks for the advise.....sounds like a good money maker and simple to do (with your tips).

Comment

Gloves? Maybe nose plugs, but gloves would just slow me down. Make sure to take a putty knife up there too, and scrape out the gutters. You want them to flow! when you're done.

Comment

If a downspout empties into a hard to clean area, or a newly mulched bed you can throw a nylon or sock over the end when you rinse the gutters or blow out the downspout, to catch the debris, shingle granules, etc. This may save a little cleanup time.

Comment

While you're up there check the downward pitch flow angles, also look for overhanging trees, maybe upsell some pruning work and if you can't handle sub out.

Comment

They are all correct and another note, be careful what time of day to clean the gutters. If you go on the roof at the end of the day, shingles can be hot and you may end up "scare" the chips and then the client is upset. The best way to do the clean up earlier in the day.

Comment

Working...
                        X