Planning ahead for Winter lull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning ahead for Winter lull

I've read quite a few threads here regarding winter work ideas. I imagine some of you offer simple landscaping services like installing winter flowering plants for winter color, and planting rye or fescue for green lawns in the winter. I'm thinking mostly residential here. My hopes are to offer those services in addition to bagging leaves. I guess my biggest question is whether the need for these 3 services would be frequent enough for a solo op. to make a living for the winter months. Obviously, it won't be the same frequency as that of mowing lawns, but was just wondering if it would come close. Thanks.
    Vince
    Servitek Mowing
    -Quickie 32 (Kawasaki) W/B
    -Stihl weedeater
    -Echo edger
    -Stihl and Husqarvana backpacks
    -Echo shred/vac

Do interior maint and repair ... start it this winter ... find retired handyman, have him run that part of bizz 12 months a year ... problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Nilsson
      Do interior maint and repair ... start it this winter ... find retired handyman, have him run that part of bizz 12 months a year ... problem solved!

Fillup

Retired Any man doesn't work for smaller companies when they can go to Walmart part time and get Health care benefits. I can't help but notice you have recommended retired people before for special type jobs. Common sense should tell you retired means retired. However there are a few retired guys out there that want to work part time. Now if has been my experience that every businessman seem to say GOOD Employees is the biggest problem in any business.

BTW Florida is the retirement capital. So I may just know what I am talking about.

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Move to the Snowbelt...White Gold !

Comment

Whatever you decide to do, be sure to allow the time and funds for education. Seminars, trade shows, or even an evening class on an area that you don't currently offer, but might. Possibly a business mgt. course.

Whatever it is, gaining more education is great!
          Jeeps are like women.....much more fun with their TOPS OFF!

A society that rewards based on need creates needy citizens. A society that rewards based on ability creates able ones.

Do you guys think Obama is going to kiss us after he is done with us or is he going to put on his belt and head out the door?

Comment

That snow thrower isn't listed on the Exmark site. Who makes it and how is it mated to the mower?

CLICK HERE
            for Jack D's personally endorsed and daily frequented website.

Comment

yeah, that's pretty interesting. Would make turning a breeze in deep snow.
              oooooooooo yyyyeah
              some people pay to get a tan. I get paid to tan.

living the life of a rockstar

Comment

My future plans include making enough cash during the "warm season" to just kick back in the Keys during the Winter!

Comment

http://www.agro-tec.com/exmark.html

Comment

Originally posted by MGO
                    My future plans include making enough cash during the "warm season" to just kick back in the Keys during the Winter!
                    I would love to do that. But, won't make enough this year; too busy trying to get current bills paid and saving for equipment. Maybe next year, though.
                    Servitek Mowing
                    -Quickie 32 (Kawasaki) W/B
                    -Stihl weedeater
                    -Echo edger
                    -Stihl and Husqarvana backpacks
                    -Echo shred/vac

Comment

Working...
                    X