snow removal for residential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow removal for residential

When I was a young 12 year old I used to walk around my neighbourhood and knock on doors to see if anyone wanted to get their driveway shoveled. I had some customers so I'm looking to do it again but this time I would like to get a snow blower or something that would be alot easier than shoveling.

1.who here does snow removal for residential drivaways and what do you use to do it?

2. when do you go out, when the snow stops? at night? in the morning? just so I have an idea.

3. what is the rate that you remove the snow at, about the same as mowing?

4. Is it worth doing or is it just a headache since its not a scheduled maintanance like mowing, you have to go out when nature calls pretty much.

For smaller res. & sidewalks, Jack D. recommends Toro Snow Commanders or Toro 3650's...Commanders if you're trailering...3650's if you're hauling out of a truck bed. For larger drives & or small commercial lots you will need a front plow/back plow set-up and or hydraulic 2 stage blowers & plows.

Walking the neighborhood and knocking on doors to solicit work is the chore of a snow *****. Please attempt to secure contracts either by set monthly or seasonal fee or an established per visit charge.

Comment

thanks for your answer, but I wasn't planning to walk around the neighbourhood and knock on doors. I did that when I was 12 years old I deffinately will not be doing that now. I just wanted to get an idea as far as equipment and pricing goes. I would advertise the traditional and proper way.

Comment

DO a search for "snow removal"......you will get a lot of previous threads on this subject......for pricing also.

Comment

Or....... Keep your lawncare/landscaping questions here, and take your snow removal questions to a snow removal oriented site, where the pro's of THAT industry hang out, like......

Plowsite

Woody
          Woody

"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty." ---Benjamin Franklin

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." ---Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The "pros" have a new spot Mr. Woody...You must have missed the Snow Opera @ PS last winter...

Comment

Jack:

Your assumptions are correct. I totally missed the Snow Opera last year at PS, and was unaware that it even occurred.

Please enlighten us to as where the pro's of the snow industry are now gathering.

Woody
              Woody

"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty." ---Benjamin Franklin

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." ---Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks Woody!

Thanks for link to plowsite....I am considering Residential SNow removal this winter for some extra income....sight looks very helpful

Comment

You may try here Mr. Woody...

http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com/forums/index.php

There was quite a hullabaloo last winter @ PS & many of the "pro's" moved on.

If you visit the forum link above please ask for Ted.

Comment

Working...
                  X