fertilize question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fertilize question

I am just curious what you guys would charge on these fertilize apps.

The largest lawn is 10,000 square feet
    The rate will be 2.5 LBS. per 1000 square feet
    my cost is $16.00 per 50Lbs bag which averages $ .80 per 1000 sqft or $8.00 per property cost of product.

now as for overhead its very low the truck is going to be in the neigborhood daily reguardless of the jobs completed and its simply a scotts push spreader and its paid for and recovered fully. I am currently pricing $ 25.00 per app and just wanted to get other opinions.
    is my prices low/about right. also this area is about 2 square miles and has over 5000 homes.
    scotts trugreen brickman are just a few of the large names in that area.

You Talking Pre-em Or Straight Fert?????

Originally posted by XLS View Post
    I am just curious what you guys would charge on these fertilize apps.

The largest lawn is 10,000 square feet
    The rate will be 2.5 LBS. per 1000 square feet
    my cost is $16.00 per 50Lbs bag which averages $ .80 per 1000 sqft or $8.00 per property cost of product.

now as for overhead its very low the truck is going to be in the neigborhood daily reguardless of the jobs completed and its simply a scotts push spreader and its paid for and recovered fully. I am currently pricing $ 25.00 per app and just wanted to get other opinions.
    is my prices low/about right. also this area is about 2 square miles and has over 5000 homes.
    scotts trugreen brickman are just a few of the large names in that area.
    either way i think your price is way too low compared to here in hooterville....a 10k yard gets me $65 for whichever i do and my rate is way higher than yours....not knocking you or anything but c'mon, 2.5 lbs per 1000... up the rate and your price. you gotta drive to get that sheot and you gotta pay somebody to put it down and blow things off not to mention your other cost....i have a $50 minimum also....0 to 7500 sq/ft...name of the game is making $$$. again not knocking you but go buy a real spreader that gives you more accurate rates. my 2%.......

steve-o
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

That's nuts. 2.5lbs per thousand? What analysis? What kinda program do you follow? Please post pictures of these lawns....

Then again, if you're using some cheap ass homeowner Scotts spreader and you have ambitions to stoop to the same low-satisfaction levels as the mega fert companies, then I suppose your price is right.

I leave you with a few questions. Why conform to the likes of the big dogs? They can charge what they do for a reason, and they don't necessarily deliver desirable results. Outperform them and their customers will switch to you. Avoid the dog fight. Furthermore, is it all sustainable if you continue down your path? :alien::alien::alien:
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

what dem guys said,,, better spreader, research a better program and mo-money! What kind of ferts are you using anyways?
        If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          What kind of ferts are you using anyways?
          Probably a 46-0-0 high ammonia nitrate based surge-growth kinda fertilizer....:alien::alien::alien:
          2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

You need to make enough to sock away living expenses for the off season too. Also, a Scotts spreader might last a year in Vancouver. The sun warps the gears. The professional spreaders last alot longer.

You also need to make a return on investment to replace equipment.
            Have your current customers pay for that by adding a little extra to each job.

Otherwise, your new equipment costs will come out of your pocket.

Comment

Double the product is what i charge, 19/50lb here so i charge 40 for each application of pre-emergent.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled View Post
                Double the product is what i charge, 19/50lb here so i charge 40 for each application of pre-emergent.
                Still seems cheap to me. Then again, I'm fairly expense, but there is a difference b/t my fert & squirt vs. theirs. :alien::alien::alien:

Comment

sorry guys , I have been busy . it is a 32-0-0 now. yes all top growth currently a 32 - 12-12 is next step.

It is a monthly application , not a 4 step plan.

Here scotts is a name on everything this is a commercial type spreader with open gears and air filled tires $ 199.00 cost simular to a high end agrifab unit. I got them used so i am unsure of the actual cost.
                  for the type its on site mixed at local county co-ops so never hauled over 10 miles.

Comment

spoiled gets 40 for a 50 lb bag.......? my price is over that a few bucks . I was simply getting at the simple fact i wasnt heavly invested in fert side of things. as far as money goes the company make more then enough in this business to buy a spreader or truck any day they would need one.

in the area the average guys run a 39.99 deal every 60 days are so. we are selling the year round green and a healthier lawn .

Comment

46-0-0, 32-0-0,, whats the diff?

Comment

He Needs A New Program.......

46-0-0, 32-0-0,, whats the diff?
                        i don't even use 46% in december here in hooterville........but then again 2.5lbs/per 1000......?????????

steve
                        "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

So .4 lb N per 1000SF? Once again, no better than the big dogs that must dump something on the lawn once per month in greed. That's just absurd. Assuming at least 9 applications at the same 32% N, you're only applying 3.6 lb N per 1000SF for the entire year, which I consider weak (at least in Oz).

Then again, I'm not one of those companies, so perhaps you've got it all figured out.

Comment

what kind of grass do they have in Tenn? cool/warm?

Comment

what kind of grass do they have in Tenn? cool/warm?
                              Depends on what part of the state you live in. Mostly fescue and junk grass in East Tennessee, almost entirely bermuda in west Tennessee. Am guessing XLS has a mix of some sort depending how far south of Nashville he is located.

Comment

Working...
                              X