I done did it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I done did it...

Set to install first irrigation system outside of family. Twas a tough design, but I think I got it. Actually for a neighbor of mine, long time customer even before we bought our house...she's tired of her lawn burning up every summer. 7 zone system, mega profit on this one. Using all Rainbird minus the controller. I'm set to install next week.:alien::alien::alien:
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
    Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

I wouldn't use rainbird. They've had several bad batches of sprays/rotors come out and they don't hold their patterns. I used Hunter everything with the exception of nozzles plus it's cheaper
    If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

I'm tired of replacing PGP rotors because they develop funky leaks and seem to pre-maturely quit rotating....even get sticky quick too. Yeah they're cheap components, but I think failure before 10 years hits is a bit extreme. Besides, a 5000 rotor costs $5.50, a PGP runs slightly higher. My system has all Hunter heads, no issues yet, though I expect them to arise. Gonna try out Rainbird this time around. I always have preferred their valves. Only thing Hunter is a Pro-C controller and rain sensor..... :alien::alien::alien:
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

All problems are relative to conditions and circumstances.

I have preference to Hunter.

Their plastics seems to hold up better to Chlorine and flourine when used with City water supply, and the abrasion resistance is way better when hooked to shallow wells, where sand and sediments is VISIBLE, its so thick.

There aint many 10 year old heads of any brand on the coast of Florida.... But then we have to mow 40 to 44 weeks a year here too. So you can imagine how much more torture our Irrigation has to endure.
        GEEVEE®, Pat.Pend. TM, UL

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

Comment

Dude, this sucks. Now I remember why I had choosen to remain away from installs for so long...

Comment

Been in over a week now. No geysers yet, but I think I'll swap out the low angle nozzles for the standard ones.

Comment

I only have a coupla customers that use their irrigation. The city has made it too expensive, by doubling the sewer fee which is based on water consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by roost-1 View Post
                I only have a coupla customers that use their irrigation. The city has made it too expensive, by doubling the sewer fee which is based on water consumption.
                Cheap where I'm at, though I'm on rural water. $1.60 per thousand gallons over 10,000. I believe 10,000 runs $45. :alien::alien::alien:

Comment

Customer said his July bill was $250.00.

Comment

Well, the system performs well. No issues as of yet, and I don't expect them. I'm so over-confident I gave her a 10 year workmanship warranty; should have just made it a lifetime warranty really...

Then two weeks ago installed a system for my parents second house in Great Bend. First time using Rainbird rotating spray nozzles or whatever the hell they're called. Mixed feelings about them, I'll wait to see the long-term performance.

And along those lines, discovering further Weathermatic really does suck. 90% of the stuff I replace is WM. Replaced two more ****ty solenoids this week, and now I have a customer with a bad Weathermatic controller (runs two zones 24/7). System can't even be more than 5 years old. How is this company still in business?

Comment

They were giving it away before then. Sewer being double per thousand gallon units is probably a standard, much more expensive in older suburbs of long estblished fully urbanized cities.

The customer who had the 250 WB is ripe to need NETA-FIM, if you can do the math and the work to retrofit. He can have his cake and not pay caviar price for it.

GeeVee
                      GEEVEE®, Pat.Pend. TM, UL

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

Comment

Customer said his July bill was $250.00.
                        At that price it's time to have the city come in and run a separate meter for the irrigation system to save on sewer fees. :alien::alien::alien:

Comment

It would be nice if they would, but I highly doubt it.

Comment

It would be nice if they would, but I highly doubt it.
                            You can here in Poverty, though it comes at a cost (several hundred last I knew) Not many do it...if I lived in the city it's the route I'd opt for. In the long run it saves money from paying those sewer fees if you irrigate heavily. :alien::alien::alien:

Comment

Way to go MasterMower. I have yet to do a job for someone other than family. But when I do, I'll make sure it's not a tough design. You are a true man.

I'm curious, which controller are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X