churches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• churches

Question How do you get church accounts if the people or employees at the church's are never there only at mass we have been making phone calls but no answers please someone help us?
    Last edited by allandscapes; 01-27-05, 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by allandscapes
    Question How do you get church accounts if the people or employees at the church's are never there only at mass we have been making phone calls but no answers please someone help us?
    Join the church?

Just kidding... but seriously... in my personal opinion....

If the church is too small to have at least one full time employee there during the weekdays to contact, they will have no budget for landscaping and instead the members of the church share the upkeep.

Comment

Yes your rite but there could be alot of property

Comment

Originally posted by allandscapes
        Yes your rite but there could be alot of property
        Yes, but can't force someone to hire a company that they can't afford.

Comment

i agree.....i worked for a small church for a few months last year before he offered additional work for me...wasting my time with estimates thinking i'm gonna get the work.....then i guess they had a mens meeting and cleared the land.....i didn't like the fact they didn't call me to tell me not to pursue the job...another wasted trip to the site.......had to drop em on the spot.....i love small churches just the same, but i agree most handle their own landscaping. put it in writing

Comment

We took care of a church ... FREE ... payback came directly from "God" ...

Comment

FREE...nothing in life is free but air...

Originally posted by Phil Nilsson

We take care of plenty of members(widows, pastor, single moms) from my church....I didn't charge last year...but i did write it off as charitible contributions along with my thithes....pastor wants me to bill them, but as long as i can do it as a write off i will..........do you still do churches ....FREE?....if so where do they sign up at?

Comment

Most of the time, Church Members take care of the church. I do the Lawn Care for my church. They like to hire within also pay hourly. That is how i start my business started 8 years ago i started working for the Church and then started doing other yards.

Comment

In my humble opinion, churches are a waste of time because they always want a "deal". I.m getting to the point where I'm refusing to waste my time giving quotes. In all cases, the deacons, who often are responsible for church maintenance, are getting older and more tired. They think a "quick fix" is to get a quote for the church budget and nothing happens. They either keep pluggin' away and stay tired, or some lowballer is doing a crappy job for them.

I used to give it away as a "freebee" when I was a member, but found that I couldn't justify the business expense when I was the only business within the church doing it. The church members paid the janitor and the painter and the carpenter, but for some reason "couldn't find the money" to pay me. And why would they since it was "free"?

I haven't done the work for "my church" for years; in fact, I don't go there anymore. But guess what, whenever they want a quote, guess who they call first!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X