Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should I give customers to pay up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should I give customers to pay up?

On my invoices I have been stating " payment due upon reciept of invoice". Of course only a few customers pay the bill immediatley, so I am going to put in a late fee this year. But How long should I give the customer to pay(and avoid late fees) the bill once they recieve it? Thanks.

I usually invoice payments with a due date 14 days from when I invoice it.

So lets say 1/8 in invoice date, due date would be the 22nd.

Comment

I send statements out on the 1st of every month. If I don't have money in hand at the end of the month, I debit their credit card. I have cards on file for every customer for exactly this reason. No cc on file then it's pre pay for a year up front. If that's not good enough, then I tell them to find another LCO. Collections are a TOTAL waste of time and I'm an asshole to deal with when it comes to late payers.

Comment

I bill once per month. Some are net 25, others are net 30.

I've never had to do late fess for anyone. Actually, I'm not sure I ever would.

I'll call a commercial place if it goes up around 45 days.

Residential? I don't have too many residential lawns. And I only have a couple of them that don't pay on time. But I know those certain ones have $$$ issues on occasion, but have always paid me. Most of the residentials I have pay quickly.
        a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
        Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Bill on the 1st of each month and bill due on receipt. If payment is not received by months end a reminder is sent and %10 late fees applied until payment received. Service discontinued after 5th week.

Buy Sell or Trade lawn care accounts
          http://www.tradeyouraccounts.com

Comment

Invoices due out by the 5th of the month. Invoice is past due 15 days after invoice date if not paid in full. Late charges are applied to the account 5 days after past due date if the invoice is still outstanding. This gives them around 20 days to pay. I figure that's more than reasonable. However, I rarely impose late charges on anyone unless the customer has a nasty habit of routinely paying very late.

Comment

bill on the first, due by the 20th. 15$ late fee after that. I do let alot of my long time or good customers slide, but seem to hit about 5ish per month.

Comment

I give them up to 1 month. Then I politely send them a handwritten note to remind them. This usually shames them into paying up.

Comment

Working...
                X