40x80 (3600 sq ft) lot pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40x80 (3600 sq ft) lot pricing

I'm new to the biz & would like to know what to charge for mowing a 3600 sq ft lot. $25.00 is what I figured.

$38 Here In Hooterville...............

Originally posted by stacieys View Post
    I'm new to the biz & would like to know what to charge for mowing a 3600 sq ft lot. $25.00 is what I figured.
    that's my minimum charge for mowing except when there is something else in it for me like a lonely MILF.

steve-o
    "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

We're realists in the mid-west...

The guy is in Texas, prices seem to be lower there. Here, depending on what's on this lot, $25-30 would be appropriate, this being Poverty, KS. Easy money to be made on small lots. Line up a few in the same stop and watch your $/hr escalate. :alien::alien::alien:
      2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
      Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

40 x 80 is only 3200 sq ft.

$25 minimum is the way to go.

Comment

His 40 X 80 Is 3600 Sq/ft..........

Originally posted by roost-1 View Post
          40 x 80 is only 3200 sq ft.

$25 minimum is the way to go.
          that would be a big difference here in hooterville vs your 40 x 80. bottom line is cost and what you need to charge to make a decent profit. MATH SKILLS are part of this deal.............

steve-o

Comment

Double Sawbuck if I'm in the hood. :alien::alien::alien:©

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
              Double Sawbuck if I'm in the hood. :alien::alien::alien:©
              That's goes against all of Steve-O's preachings! He'd be forced into bankruptcy if he mowed such a lawn for a measly $20!

Discount if you're in the hood? How dare you!!! :alien::alien::alien:
              2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +

Comment

I'm Just Dumb.................

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
                That's goes against all of Steve-O's preachings! He'd be forced into bankruptcy if he mowed such a lawn for a measly $20!

Discount if you're in the hood? How dare you!!! :alien::alien::alien:
                i'm still here ain't i? must be doing something right? i stick to my guns on my minimums. do i make exceptions? sure......., but not on a regular basis. case in point. old women application customer who has no irrigation, (i only have two) every fall i hook her up and every fall her lawn guy unhooks her with his scalping and bagging of the yard. he charges $25. my price would be $43. i have a $52 directly across the street plus a $43 on the next street over and two other app customers on that street as well. this year i told her to let me mow it b/4 my fall program and let me finish it out which will total maybe 3 cuts at the most. i honored her $25. the first mow was with the wheel dropped, 15 min tops with the trimming which took longer cause the idiot doesn't trim. anyway, she is hooked up now. everything is trimmed and her lawn is growing. i'll wait at least 3 weeks b/4 i mow it again. will i do it for a whole season at $25????? NO............. for the most part you need minimums on everything you do or you will get burnt........BOTTOM LINE........w t f do i know though??????

steve-o

Comment

Yeah, me gots a minimum......$25. Just gave a quote last week for a duplex. Little itty bitty lawn. I didn't even bother to measure it. It's maybe 600SF. $25 still, I don't budge. Takes nothing but 5 minutes to mow, not including drive time which won't be much beyond a minute or two once I toss it onto the right day. It's interesting how these small gigs end up paying more per hour than properties with acres to mow, yet most companies don't like dicking around with the small stuff. Just saying...........

I'm still here too, so what? Your prices are higher due to your region and unwillingness to work in volume. You have your niche. :alien::alien::alien:

Comment

Work In Volume...........???????

Originally posted by MASTERMOWER View Post
                    Yeah, me gots a minimum......$25. Just gave a quote last week for a duplex. Little itty bitty lawn. I didn't even bother to measure it. It's maybe 600SF. $25 still, I don't budge. Takes nothing but 5 minutes to mow, not including drive time which won't be much beyond a minute or two once I toss it onto the right day. It's interesting how these small gigs end up paying more per hour than properties with acres to mow, yet most companies don't like dicking around with the small stuff. Just saying...........

I'm still here too, so what? Your prices are higher due to your region and unwillingness to work in volume. You have your niche. :alien::alien::alien:
                    i try, but it's hard with just 3 yards..........

steve-o

Comment

Originally posted by delasgh View Post
                      i try, but it's hard with just 3 yards..........

steve-o
                      When did you pick up another yard ?

You been putting flyer's out ?

:alien::alien::alien:©

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
                        When did you pick up another yard ?

You been putting flyer's out ?

:alien::alien::alien:©
                        He's ben saying he has three for a while now. Don't know if he's fibben or not.

Comment

Me,,,,,, Fibben.................??????

Originally posted by Georges Lawn & Mulch View Post
                          He's ben saying he has three for a while now. Don't know if he's fibben or not.
                          the way i'm going it might as well be just three. i fired two last week and lost two this week to pricing. the fired ones will be for a later thread when i get time. the ones i lost were application customers who went with the cheaper guys and i mean CHEAPER......:alien: my price $306, theirs $70. that was for aeration, seeding, and fert. they will be back.

steve-o

Comment

Signs of the economy

I guess. You would think there might be a difference iin service and what you get when the new guy is pricing roughly 1/5 of your cost. Like you said they will be back or else the lawns will look like chit.

I have work to be done, but the rain up in yankee land is killing me for the past two weeks.

Comment

Hi everyone New Guy here been poking around and looking for a topic to start on and found this one.
                              so here is my two cents
                              I wont even look at a lawn for under $35.00.
                              My normal charge is $40.00 but if I'm backed in a corner I will discount to $35.00. If I was to go less then that I would be broke inside of a month.

Great forum you guys have here hope I can learn a thing or two by jioning in.

Graham
                              Ducke's Lawn Care Services
                              "We treat your lawn as if it were our Own"

Comment

Working...
                              X