What do you think of Craig's List?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Craig's List?

For landscaping leads, Is that site hit or miss or what? Just about everyone I know has a cooky Craig's List story. Then again, some of the best jobs and people you'll ever meet use that site - and its free! Am I wrong to say there is a wide variety of customers on that site? Heck, for clients its probably hit or miss too.
    Lightning Landscape & Irrigation

Kansas City Landscaping
    Kansas City Lawn Care

I started my Lawn service about a month ago and that is one of the main ways I am getting customers. I only have about 10 but most of them came from craigslist.. you have to post every 2 days to keep putting your name near the top of the list though.

Best of luck.
    sigpicTexasCut@yahoo.com

Comment

Is it possible to post every two days? How do you do that? I don't know that we wold post every two days, but more than the 30 or 60 days they allow. Can you share the method?
      Lightning Landscape & Irrigation

Kansas City Landscaping
      Kansas City Lawn Care

Comment

Originally posted by kclandscaper View Post
        Is it possible to post every two days? How do you do that? I don't know that we wold post every two days, but more than the 30 or 60 days they allow. Can you share the method?
        Change the content of the ad and you could post every couple days. Lots of people do this. Either that or just sign up for an account so you can manage your posts better, then delete and re-post.

Around here quality leads do not come from Craigslist. I played with the deal awhile back just to see what'd come from it and don't believe I had anyone contact me. I see all these 'lawn companies' posting ads daily onto CL in Poverty, but yet I never see them around town. Makes you wonder how much work they get from it.

You might try offering something real cheap or free to draw attention to your ad. Craigslist users are thrifty (or so my experience has been, hence why I say quality leads don't come from there).

....but then again all you have to lose is your time posting ads.... :alien::alien::alien:
        2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
        Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

i am sure it varies from one area to the next but here in nj the only thing craigslist is good for is selling or buying stuff and looking for a prostitute.

most people in nj that look for services off of cl are cheap azzes and 9 times out of 10 are looking to screw someone and usually do as well as are trying to get it done for free or next to nothing.

it may be different in your area but here in nj if you are gonna rely on cl for work you might as well close up shop and get a job for someone.

as far as advertiseing goes the old saying in life applies, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Ive been getting work of CL for a few years now, first couple I got more work from there, I would get actual emails with contact info and real request, Now I might get a call every 3 weeks off of it if I am lucky, nothing but spam mail as well now.

I have found it's all about the wording of the add, everything from quick $75 jobs up to a few grand +.... it's free and I'm gonna keep plugin away ads on there. Ive made more $$$ from CL then when I spent a couple grand advertising in a local printed classified ad.
            http://www.lowelandscapingandexcavating.com

Comment

Prostitute...........

Originally posted by dpld View Post
              i am sure it varies from one area to the next but here in nj the only thing craigslist is good for is selling or buying stuff and looking for a prostitute.

most people in nj that look for services off of cl are cheap azzes and 9 times out of 10 are looking to screw someone and usually do as well as are trying to get it done for free or next to nothing.

it may be different in your area but here in nj if you are gonna rely on cl for work you might as well close up shop and get a job for someone.

as far as advertiseing goes the old saying in life applies, you get what you pay for.
              i'm thinking cheaper than a wife.................

steve-o
              "THE BADDEST LAWN APE ON THE PLANET"

Comment

Originally posted by delasgh View Post
                i'm thinking cheaper than a wife.................

steve-o
                i think it is safe to say anything is cheaper than a wife...............

Comment

One of the advantages of using sites like craigslist and backpage is that it creates a link back to your website. The search engines typically see that as a vote for your website and it helps with your rankings in google, yahoo and bing. I agree with the original comment about posting 1 ad every couple of days.

Comment

C-list is good for getting your name out there

Comment

Working...
                    X