I want to expand into expand into installing fish ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to expand into expand into installing fish ponds

I've been running my own landscaping business for the past couple of years now. I want to add on fish pond installation to my services. I'm gonna start with doing preformed liner ponds. Does anyone know how much i should charge for labor?

Originally posted by Lawn Care Success
    Are you doing the work alone or will there be employees? More importantly, overall, your expenses need paid before anything else, then you need paid and then a profit. Have you done this kind of work before?

I'm working alone but looking into hiring one employee this coming year, especially for help with the fish pond installs. I haven't done this work before, but I've studied the installation process and I'm gonna install one in my yard before i install one in a customer's yard. That way i can see how easy or hard the labor will be and to have hands on learning in my own yard at my own expense. I was just wondering what a general labor cost would be.

Comment

Count on labor at $25 an hour fully burdened. But your mileage may very based geography.

Lonnie
      www.eastsidelandcare.com
      Commercial Lawn Service and Property Maintenance

Comment

$25 an hour is not sustainable for long term pricing. I know everyone's cost are different but when he hires someone, $25 an hour isn't going to cut it.

Comment

yeah....$25 and hour is fully burdened. that includes sick days, holidays, vacation, l and i, fica, etc. Hourly wage would be more like $18 an hour. This would be for a person that would manage the customer, manage the install etc.

Comment

factor down time, drive time, behind the sense work, repairs and maintenance, payments on existing equipment and or saving for future investments, advertising, call backs (and ponds will have a ton of them) collecting and setting up materials, utilities, gas, customers who don't pay....... and $25 an hour is not sustainable long term.

Comment

You will charge $25 per hour for someone you pay $18 per hour? And twenty-five bucks is for a man who can run his own show? Where's the profit and incentive? :alien::alien::alien:
              2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and future 2015 LSF RECEPTED AWARD recipient!

Hortikulture Kolledge Grad + Licensed Master Irrigator + Certified Backflow Technician +
              Licensed Fert & Squirt Applicator = Jack of all trades, master of none.

Comment

Working...
              X