Brand new to the business- Mulching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new to the business- Mulching

So, Im in the process of starting a lawn business up with my brother, and wanted to ask for some clarification on the term mulching after reading through some other posts about guys "finishing up their mulching".

I was under the impression that mulching a yard is basically using a mulching kit to mow the yard where the clippings get cut multiple times, and that it is better for the grass because the nutrients get put back in the soil.

Here's the question:
    Is that a correct definition of mulching a yard?
    Is there a better time of year to mulch vs. cut or vice versa?
    Are there ANY downsides to mulching a yard vs cutting or bagging?

My understanding is quite limited. But I can help you with a little bit of my understanding as follows:
    1. "Is that a correct definition of mulching a yard?" In my opinion that is not necessarily a definition but merely a first stage like the way we prepare food before we cook it. which is spreading mostly organic matter over the surface of soil to protect and improve its condition. But doing it too early could create problems, as could doing it too late
    2. "Is there a better time of year to mulch vs. cut or vice versa?" In general, mid- to late spring is mulching season-that's when the soil is warming up from the freezing temperatures it experienced all winter. Doing it too early will slow down the warming process, which the soil needs to do its job. Morrell also warns against mulching late in the fall "This can insulate the ground and prevent plant dormancy," a much-needed hibernation that helps plants survive the cold winter months.
    3. "Are there ANYElastic man downsides to mulching a yard vs cutting or bagging?" Most of the time, mulching your clippings is the best option. You should bag your clippings if the grass is tall, leaves are covering the lawn, or you need to prevent disease and weeds from spreading.
    Hope I can help you a little in my reply

Comment

Starting a business can be both exciting and challenging. It's important to do your due diligence and seek advice from professionals such as lawyers, accounting firms, and business consultants to ensure that your business is set up for success.

Comment

Working...
      X