Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need for an online directory? Also, website question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for an online directory? Also, website question.

Hello all,

I was just stopping by to ask... is there currently an directory of lawn care service companies online? If not, is there a demand for such a website so that finding a professional is quick and the information up-to-date?

Also, how many of you do not currently have a website for your business online? I like to think i'm pretty good at web design and was thinking about starting up a web design/hosting service. Once again, just wondering about the demand.

Thanks.

Site not yet up. Currently offering 3 free website designs
    to help build my portfolio.... Contact me for information...

There is several Lawn Care Directories on line...
    www.lawncaredirectory.com

Please no soliciting... I'm not trying to be rude but all of this was spelled out in the agreement you agreed to when you registered to become a member. If you want to make money here, I'm the first person you talk too!

Any imaginable way to make money in the Green Industry has been thought of & Implemented a Brazillion times.
    GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
    LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
    www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Ahh, sorry. Honestly, the creation of such a project would not be soley for money. I actually dispise directory sites that load up their pages with ads and little actual reference information. I would be looking more to help out people looking for services.

To me, http://www.lawncaredirectory.com is too crowded and hard to navigate. A first time visitor may be overwhelmed with the amount of text and links and other "stuff" distracting from the purpose - to list lawn care companies. Not to critize the site too much, it also has deceiving google ads hidden in pretty much every page EXCEPT FOR the listings. They all have a few pictures and a paragraph or so of text with ads. Quite a quality website, i'd say... (sarcasm) Also, I had in mind a more detailed site, with each business being able to display pictures, list services, list prices (if desired), and stuff of that nature. It would make narrowing the search alot easier.

The reason I was thinking of providing web design services is that more and more I see people over-paying for low-end websites based off of templates having certain picture/text amount restrictions and such. I believe in charging for the work that has been put in and I see alot of people getting ripped off by others trying to make a quick buck.

Sorry if I came off as someone looking to figure everything out and make loads of cash with no care for the actual lawn care industry.

Site not yet up. Currently offering 3 free website designs
      to help build my portfolio.... Contact me for information...

Comment

Working...
      X